Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

father son coues hunt 08

well im new to CW, kinda i always read what you guys are chatting about and decided to join. five of us drew coues tags this year including my father and i, and we all ended up getting our deer. i will make this short, but opening morning after galassing three bucks, me and my father decided to go after them and get a closer look. after the hike up everest to get to where the bucks were last, we spilt up and started the search. i ended up getting caught by them with my rifle away from me (trying to look over a tree so i had to move) the deer were bedded hundred yards from me and ended up blowing and going. well after my mistake we started to walk the mountain sides out and see what we could kick up, my father was below me about three hundred yards. as we approached this canyon together but out of sight from each other i saw a spike and a doe take off across the canyon at the level my father was at. i knelt down and threw my rifle up on my knee and decided to let the spike go, being opening day and first coues hunt i was not going to pass many up. as i glanced to the left i saw another deer headed away from me but close to where my father was. the buck was seventy yards from my father and when i got my rifle on him he was 320 yds. i saw he had three points on his left side and decided he was the one. not knowing my father had his bead on him as well just couldn't get the shot because of a tree in the way. the buck walked out from the tree clear shot for me but just inches from a clear shot for my father, so i took the shot dropping the buck. come to find out he was going to shoot the buck right before he heard my shot go off, we laugh about it know but at the time he was jealous after we walked up to the buck. never thought he was as big as he is, hes not huge but for my first coues buck i think i did well. nothing like hunting with my father, and seeing tons of bucks and shooting the one he wanted out from under him!! enjoy the pics

post-2999-1227572449_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1227572822_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1227572887_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the buck. My first couse hunt was with my dad too. I only harvested a spike, but look back fondly on the memories we shared.

Congrats on the successful hunt. Kinda looks like unit 33? It looks like your Dad is waring an IBEW hat, is that correct. I am a lineman in Local 387 and always like seeing my brothers out hunting. Again, congrats.

Awesome buck ;) I'd have to agree as well that my Dads my favorite huntin buddy.Congrats man.