GRANDE BEAR

Success in Sonora

Well, I just got back from Old Mexico. We had a blast. This ranch provided some of the toughest, yet funnest coues hunting I've experienced. The hills were so thick, it was almost impossible to glass them. We had to glass the flats. When we did find deer in the flats, we then had to find a knob to climb in order to try and set up for the shot. It sure was trying but very exciting and fun. In the eight days we were there, we saw 8-10 bucks that would score 110" plus. Seeing them and killing them are two totally different things, as all you fellow coues hunters are well aware of. All three of us ended up tagging good quality bucks. My brother-n-law took the biggest of the three with a 107" buck. He belly crawled to with in 75 yards of the bedded buck. Our friend took a 100" buck that had absolutely no eyeguards with a running 140 yard offhand shot. Had this buck had some decent eyeguards, he would be in the 108-110 class, but as is he was a very respectable buck. I also took a 100 class buck. I had no chance of getting close on this buck, so I had to take him from 623 yards out. This was the farthest distance I've ever taken an animal from. That's why it's always good to practice. I had practiced shots up to 600yards, so i didn't hesitate or question my abilities at that distance. I've emailed the pics to Amanda for her to post. I can't wait to go back next year!!!!

Albert

623 YARDS ? I doubt I could see that far! Great news with 3 good bucks and lots of stories to tell.

congratulations

NICE!!!

AWSOME!! HEADING DOWN THERE ON SATURDAY FOR A WEEK MYSELF................

AND THIS WEEK IS GOING REALLY SLOW AND IT IS STILL MONDAY!! JUST GOT A NEW VIDEO CAMERA SO HOPEFULY I WILL HAVE SOME GOOD VIDEO AND PICTURES FOR YA'LL!!