Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Toyota Dealer Recommendation

15 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Bet there are a ton of stories about that place! They sold me a vehicle danged near 30 years ago that was less than a year old and 18k miles. In a few days I noticed weird noise coming from bottom of motor when revving. After a couple of hours of investigating found the oil pan was pushed into the pick up screen and the noise was the oil pump whining as it was trying to pick up oil. The front quarter panels and hood were replaced, radiator etc. Definitely had been in an accident. When the general manager said he was not going to do anything about it because I signed the as is papers I pretty much at that point started trying to dissuade anyone in the showroom from buying from them. I guess the GM didn’t like me telling him I was going to kick his butt so he called PD so I left. Vowed to never buy another vehicle owned by the Van Tuyl group again!

You didn’t notice the noise when you bought it?

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You didn’t notice the noise when you bought it?

Most definitely had to be there when I purchased but as I recall it was faint. Took me a few days to tell it was doing it more at certain rpm’s. I was also under the a false sense of security that it was still covered under factory warranty. Not so much if in an accident though

10 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Best compliment I’ve seen on here. 

I thought so too. Managing money takes discipline and execution. Have to hand it to the guy 

• Like 1