Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Ward's Outfitters

This month we feature Ward's Outfitters in our sponsor spotlight. Ward's Outfitters is owned and operated by Steven Ward. Many of you have seen his posts on the forum...he posts under the name WardsOutfitters. He contributed some very nice coues pics and video to the last Coues Deer Celebration video.

Steven has been guiding Coues deer hunters for 18 years, but really got into it full time during the last 6 years. He provides fully outfitted hunts for Coues Deer, Mule Deer, Elk, Javelina and Game Birds. He even does some guided hunts for Gould's turkey in Mexico.

He averages about 50 clients a year and they enjoy very high success rates.

Coues Deer Archery 100% opportunity

Mule Deer Archery 99%

Elk archery 100%

Coues Deer rifle 99%

Mule deer rifle 100%

Elk rifle 99%

Steven estimates that about 80% of the mule deer archers take bucks big enough for the Pope and Young recordbook, while 90% of coues archers and 100% of elk archery take Pope and Young animals.

When I asked Steven why someone should hire him rather than another outfitter, he said "First I would have to say that we run a first class operation. We guide no more then 6 hunters per week. Another reason is that I do this as a career, so I can spend more time in the field than a outfitter that has a full time job and is trying to guide hunters. We only guide in areas we know and never farm out our clients. They are always guided by one of my staff members or myself. I think our success rate speaks for itself. I also think what separates us from the others is we specialize in archery hunts, and 95% of our hunts are archery hunts. "

It's not often you find an outfitter that caters to archery hunters. Steven will create the type of hunt you are looking for. He can help you on a spot and stalk hunt or you can hunt out of a carefully placed hunting blind. Although archery hunting is his passion, Steven also guides rifle and muzzleloader hunters and those clients are very successful also.

Steven is driven to provide excellent customer service and make sure you have fun on your hunt. He enjoys guiding young kids as well as adults, both men and women. So check out his website and see if he can't make you more successful on your next hunt. He has lots of excellent video on his website along with lots of photos.

Steven has recently been active in working against some of the changes being proposed for archery hunts in Arizona. He is starting petitions and voicing his opinion at meetings to make sure the AGFD commission is aware that there are those that oppose many of the changes to archery hunting regulations. So not only is Steven working hard with his clients to give them outstanding hunts, he is working to protect archery hunting rights in Arizona. Support those that support your passion!

Steven Ward

Ward's Outfitters

635 West Delos

Willcox, AZ 85643

Office: 520-384-3351

Cell: 520-404-5114

trophyhunts@wardsoutfitters.com

A few success pics:

post-1-1228162842.jpg

post-1-1228162246_thumb.jpg

post-1-1228162466.jpg

post-1-1228162315_thumb.jpg

post-1-1228162486_thumb.jpg

post-1-1228162211.jpg

post-1-1228162528_thumb.jpg

post-1-1228162554_thumb.jpg

post-1-1228162580.jpg

post-1-1228162704.jpg

The sixth picture from the top is me and a 101 inch buck that Steven helped me kill several years ago. Steven is a great guy that just has a knack for success.

Keep up the great work Steven!

That pic was taken the day after I shot it mr smarty pants! :)