Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter4life

baiting, salting

at least Jim Hefflinger had the decency to stick around and discuss the justification for the altered hunt structures, and increased number of tags in the heavy hit unit 33. that was a long post, and he kept responding to everyone's concerns. This guy, Mr. Day, posts bogus statistics, and dissapears. this thing is already done.

He might be busy doing other things, like his job. ;)

He might be busy doing other things, like his job. ;)

you mean not everybody is checking new posts every half hour????

gotta say, my wife really hates this website.

you mean not everybody is checking new posts every half hour????

gotta say, my wife really hates this website.

LOL, so does my boss.

I've gotta be honest. I used to be a proud hunter in the state of Arizona. Proud of the quality of hunting in this state, proud of the trophy class animals we produced year after year, and most of all proud of the job the Arizona Game and Fish Department was doing to ensure that this would be the case for years to come. These days I find myself speaking out against the department more and more, and becoming less and less proud of hunting in my state, and the department that manages it.

Guys,

According to a source at G&F, as of this morning (Thursday), they had only received 10 emails/phone calls about the baiting issue. 8 were in favor of the ban, 2 were against. We definitely need more calls/emails into G&F voicing opposition against the new rule before tomorrow morning. Please drop everything and call or email Celeste Cook 623-236-7390 ccook@azgfd.gov and voice your opposition. The commissioners will considering this input tomorrow when they decide whether or not to proceed on the new rule. Please do it now!!

Sorry for the duplicate post, this topic has really gotten scattered around several threads.

Mark

Take a look at the thread on the archery forum and you'll see where this is going. Texas style stands and feeders. There's even an outfitter bragging that his feeding deer is resulting in more twin fawns and improving the health of the herd. What crap. That's not deer hunting, except back east and in Texas. What'll we have next? Food plots in the forest behind some rancher's locked gates and accessible only for a fee? Bow hunters already are privileged to hunt before the rest of us and during the rut and to avoid the uncertainties of the draw. They always told me it was the challenge they wanted, but now they seem to want box blinds and food plots and think hunting as we know it will end if they don't get their way. They may have some valid concerns, but Game and Fish has some valid points as well that need to be addressed. Jack

Have you ever tried to salt/bait in az? most likely based on the above comment you have not. You have absolutely no idea the work an effort it takes to first of all decide where to put your attractant, then to pack your attractant into an areas or areas, then to hope and pray that the animals actually start hitting your site. And also pray that the cattle dont find it too!! Then to monitor the site by either sitting it or placing out trail cams. Also you must replenish you site whenever the attractant runs low. And finally you must get lucky enough to have a legal animal come within bow range during the time which you are in your stand. And im sure most of the guys on here would agree that its not like animals you can harvest are coming by all day long, more than likely you will have a few critters come by throughout the day and if you are realy really lucky, and legal animal will come in. if you are really really super lucky a mature animal might come in. Have you ever tried sitting in a stand for hours and hours on end? its not as easy as it would seem. To be honest it sounds like you have never tried any of this and you are making assumptions about it based on what you've read about texas or complete heresay.

And if you are really so jealous of bowhunters being able to hunt before the rest of "us" (whatever that means, as most of "us" are both rifle and bow hunters) then why dont you go buy yourself a bow and learn how to shoot it? I assure you that is much more work and effort than you might imagine as well.

Thanks. That is all.

Guys,

According to a source at G&F, as of this morning (Thursday), they had only received 10 emails/phone calls about the baiting issue. 8 were in favor of the ban, 2 were against. We definitely need more calls/emails into G&F voicing opposition against the new rule before tomorrow morning. Please drop everything and call or email Celeste Cook 623-236-7390 ccook@azgfd.gov and voice your opposition. The commissioners will considering this input tomorrow when they decide whether or not to proceed on the new rule. Please do it now!!

Sorry for the duplicate post, this topic has really gotten scattered around several threads.

Mark

I just made my call and the lady explained how the whole proccess was going to happen. She also said that if it went thru it would be put in place next fall.

TJ

Guys,

Mark

I just made my call and the lady explained how the whole proccess was going to happen. She also said that if it went thru it would be put in place next fall.

TJ

TJ do you mind giving us a quick explanation of what she told you on how the process is supposedly gonna work?

TJ do you mind giving us a quick explanation of what she told you on how the process is supposedly gonna work?

Step #1 - Bend over

Step #2 - squeal like a pig, boy.

Step #3 - Repeat the following phrase 3 times, out loud. "Thank you Commisioner, may I have another?"

Guys,

Mark

TJ

Well, I'm not to good at remembering exactly how it was put but it went something like this. All the calls will be given to the commissioner on how you sided. In a couple weeks or so they will decide if they need to write the rule and if decide the rule would benefit the animals then a rule will be put together. Then it will be put out for public notice for comments if we approve or not. Then it could be sent to the attorney general's office and if approved there then it comes back for the commissioner to approve or disapprove. She said it hasn't been written yet and it difinitely is not a done deal. Our input will be a big factor on the commissioners ruling.

Now don't quote me but you can call her and ask her to explain it to you and I bet I got it all wrong. CRS- can't remember sh*& :(

TJ