Sign in to follow this  
BassSlayer

White Mtn Lakes

Ive seen Facebook pictures from Big Lake lately and its still iced over completely ??? Has anybody been keeping an eye on them at all. I know the roads are supposed to open this Friday, but it has been a hard winter, and lots of snow. Would love to here from you guys any info for up there. Its the best time to hit it for big ones if you can handle the extreme cold in a boat. Thanks 

Little late, but 2 weeks ago I went up to Willow Springs and it was 32ish in the morning with light ice over parts of the lake and snow on the banks. Also, the lake was way higher than ive seen it and super murky.

30 minutes ago, CannonBallZ said:

Little late, but 2 weeks ago I went up to Willow Springs and it was 32ish in the morning with light ice over parts of the lake and snow on the banks. Also, the lake was way higher than ive seen it and super murky.

I was there Saturday and it was clear and no ice. Big Lake is now accessible and ice free.

We didn't drive by Big Lake, but Crescent was wide open.  Lee Valley Reservoir was open in patches, but had quite a bit of ice, still.  I'm guessing it will be good to go soon.

Pics or it didn't happen :)  

• Like 3

On 5/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, BassSlayer said:

Went up tis last weekend and road to Hawley and Earl Park is open. Caught two browns over 5 lbs and probably 25 rainbows, all released back. 

What were they hitting?