Sign in to follow this  
DUG

5th day 5x5

I got my bull after 4 hard days of hunting. Tuesday morning we got to our spot. My nephew Ryan spotted a group of cows on a hill. We were about to leave when he said there was a 5x5 with them. I started walking right towards them, using whatever cover I could find. The bull came out of the trees into a small clearing. I cow called and got him to stop broadside. Luckily I had ranged the hill and knew I would have to hold over him. My .270 did the job and hit him in the neck and he went down. Later we ranged him about 400 yds. A longer shot than I like to take but I had a solid rest and was not out of breath for once. I want to thank my nephew Ryan (Azryan) and my son for all their help. My wife and girls came up Saturday afternoon til Sunday afternoon and helped, too. The hunt could of been over with Friday morning when we saw a spike 1st thing. But Ryan said no spikes allowed this trip. We also jumped some bigger bulls in the pines but could never get a clear shot. We did way more walking than glassing and saw lots of different animals. We had a great time.

100_0873-1.jpg

100_0874-1.jpg