Sign in to follow this  
RodinAZ

6.5 PRC component choices

So, I picked up a new Seekins 6.5 PRC a few weeks ago to go along with my 6mm CM Seekins, both PH2's. After reading a bunch of info on bullet choices, I decided to go with the 156 EOL Berger Elite's exclusively as I didn't want to waste time with other bullets. Based on my research, the 156 should work nicely for up to Elk size animals, assuming good bullet placement. I was able to pick up 500 from a local supplier this week and have a decent supply of H1000. N565 appears to be a popular choice and will probably try that in the future. For now, I'll try H1000 and see how that performs. 

Does anyone have any pet loads using the 156's w/H1000? Also, wondering what people are seeing what this bullet prefers regarding bullet seating distance from lands? Based on past experience with Bergers, it seems they like to be seated very close to lands. My 6mm shooting 108 Elite's like them close.

Also, I will have 60 Hornady cases but wondering if the ADG or Peterson brass is worth the tariff.

I believe Bruno's has Lapua brass in stock. 

21 hours ago, RodinAZ said:

So, I picked up a new Seekins 6.5 PRC a few weeks ago to go along with my 6mm CM Seekins, both PH2's. After reading a bunch of info on bullet choices, I decided to go with the 156 EOL Berger Elite's exclusively as I didn't want to waste time with other bullets. Based on my research, the 156 should work nicely for up to Elk size animals, assuming good bullet placement. I was able to pick up 500 from a local supplier this week and have a decent supply of H1000. N565 appears to be a popular choice and will probably try that in the future. For now, I'll try H1000 and see how that performs. 

Does anyone have any pet loads using the 156's w/H1000? Also, wondering what people are seeing what this bullet prefers regarding bullet seating distance from lands? Based on past experience with Bergers, it seems they like to be seated very close to lands. My 6mm shooting 108 Elite's like them close.

Also, I will have 60 Hornady cases but wondering if the ADG or Peterson brass is worth the tariff.

I bought 100pcs of ADG for my 7 Mag with the mindset that it would be money well spent and eliminate one part of the equation when chasing accuracy. I heard good things about it and figured it would be a good investment considering how much time is spent working up a load plus the cost of bullets, powder and primers.

From my personal experience Lapua brass is WELL worth it!  

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, I'll place an order for some quality brass.