Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Any recent Rosey reports?

Rosey is a fickle gal. If you get on active fish there are tons of shad available. Water is clearing and visibility is 10’+ in some areas. The fish have tons of unfishable water and are near finished with spawn. Water temperature in mid-lake are 66-70 F. Average fishermen are catching a few and experienced can have super days. Weekends are loaded with tournament boats that have no regard for anyone else.

IMG_1597.jpeg

• Like 3

Good assessment, my buddy and I were there 4 days last week. It was pretty windy in the afternoons which somewhat limited what we could do, but the mornings were on fire, and we still caught fish in the afternoons, just not where we really wanted to be. As mentioned, shad nearly everywhere, and the topwater bite was good in the mornings until 9-10:00 when the winds got going. Fish are very healthy. I kept a limit of 1-1/2 pounders the last day for dinner and half of them still had eggs.

Nummie and I are going to try it Sunday. We were going last Saturday but Liars Corner tourney had 100 boats both days. 

• Like 1

Baby bass senkos in the bushes. Crushed them in the coves with rip rap. This was 2 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Ringer said:

Nummie and I are going to try it Sunday. We were going last Saturday but Liars Corner tourney had 100 boats both days. 

Let me know how you do, I'm going Tuesday. I went out Sat and for 100 + boats at WH it was not bad at all, in and out and everyone was pretty spread out on the water.

We sucked. Not one bite for me and Nummie had one blow up on a buzzbait. We spent all our time in the trees on the Tonto end and the water was 20'. Mainly just wanted to run the old gas out of my boat. Had a nice day and only spent a couple of hours on the lake. Nummie had to take it easy on his heart so I had to launch and load by myself so was just worn out. Should have gone farther up to shallow water but we were just messing around and drinking some beer. Still had fun after 3 years of not fishing because of my wife's cancer.

• Like 1