Coach

Casa Grande Meeting

Just wondering if anyone was at the Casa Grande meeting and whether the bait/salt topic was discussed..Anyone....Bueller....?

I heard " the commissioners never responded to any person that spoke about the salt, baiting issue". they only said Thank you at the end. It will go through to the 30 day public imput period. ALL WE CAN DO IS FLOOD THE GOVENERS OFFICE WITH E-MAILS, PHONE CALLS AND THE AZGFD MAIL AND ALSO OUR SENETORS,HOUSE REPS. This will be a new law so it has to go through the public imput through the az govoners office. I would say send daily e-mails, phone calls or IT WILL BE CHANGED FOR THE MAY-JUNE HUNTING REGS. again this is another classic case of our AZGFD doing what ever they want with out the TRUE facts. if you noticed they never ansered any of our questions when mr. Day posted a few days ago.

It's a done deal.

I would usually agree with you about it being a done deal. BUT, more than any G&F issue in the past few years, this seems to me to be generating the most controversy. On this thread, lets start to try to put together a email address list of all the appropriate people to complain to. ( G&F and state government) AND I MEAN COMPLAIN! I truly think that we just might have enough hunters angry about this issue that we may be able stop this one from being rammed down our throats.

I'll get the email list started:

BWakeling@azgfd.gov (Brian Wakeling)

AMunig@azgfd.gov (Amber Munig)

ccook@azgfd.gov (Celeste Cook)

Rulemaking@azgfd.gov

Let's all contribute any worthwhile email address to this thread. In a week or so, we can all fire off our opposition to everyone on the list. Does anyone have email addresses to any of the commissioners, Mr. Napy, or our soon to be new governor? Let's make enough noise that they have to grease this squeaky wheel! In the mean time, start working on your letters. You guys that don't bait but hunt water, don't think that this issue won't effect you. If bait is banned, a whole bunch of former baiters will probably be showing up to "your" water hole to hunt.

Maybe after the email barrage will start a telephone call barrage.

Mark

It's a done deal.

I would usually agree with you about it being a done deal. BUT, more than any G&F issue in the past few years, this seems to me to be generating the most controversy. On this thread, lets start to try to put together a email address list of all the appropriate people to complain to. ( G&F and state government) AND I MEAN COMPLAIN! I truly think that we just might have enough hunters angry about this issue that we may be able stop this one from being rammed down our throats.

Rulemaking@azgfd.gov

Let's all contribute any worthwhile email address to this thread. In a week or so, we can all fire off our opposition to everyone on the list. Does anyone have email addresses to any of the commissioners, Mr. Napy, or our soon to be new governor? Let's make enough noise that they have to grease this squeaky wheel! In the mean time, start working on your letters. You guys that don't bait but hunt water, don't think that this issue won't effect you. If bait is banned, a whole bunch of former baiters will probably be showing up to "your" water hole to hunt.

Mark

That sounds like a great idea. I am not a bow hunter but I think this issue is larger than just for bow hunters. We need to stand up for all hunting rights even if it does not effect you. This really speaks to a larger issue. We will need to sick together when the Obama gun and ammo bans start. So I guess you could say this is good practice if nothing else.

I believe this issue has to go to the State Capital for final approval, right? So, perhaps the NEW Gov would be a good person to contact? Perhaps the State's Attorney, your local Representative, etc.

I was reading the bio's of the current commissioners today. It would not surprise me if at least 2 of them, maybe 3, do not even own an AZ hunting license.

I just emailed the 4 listed above...

I just don't get AZGFD...it seems they are always referring to the survey we all filled out a couple of years ago...that Arizona hunters want quantity of hunts versus quality of hunts...yet I've never been able to find one person that wants that. You should've seen the zoo in 22 for the past month during the elk hunts! We'd better get on this...next thing they'll want to do is take your scope off your rifle and only allow 4 power binoculars. Maybe it's too late, I don't know....

I just emailed the 4 listed above...

I just don't get AZGFD...it seems they are always referring to the survey we all filled out a couple of years ago...that Arizona hunters want quantity of hunts versus quality of hunts...yet I've never been able to find one person that wants that. You should've seen the zoo in 22 for the past month during the elk hunts! We'd better get on this...next thing they'll want to do is take your scope off your rifle and only allow 4 power binoculars. Maybe it's too late, I don't know....

Just like I don't know of anyone that voted for Governor Nappy, yet somehow she still got elected. Either there are a bunch of closet Dem's in this state or they only come out from under there rocks during the elections.

It's a done deal.

Rulemaking@azgfd.gov

Mark

We are under the 30 day PUbLIC imput process, send them email, make them phone calls.