Weston

Hunting Trucks / Offroad Rigs

Here's my new rig. I have been a long time Chevy guy but when it was time to upgrade from a regular travel trailer to a toyhauler, I had to upgrade trucks too. Went with the new Dodge and don't think I will ever look back.

These were taken on this year's late rifle bull hunt.

5-15-8016-1.jpg

5-15-8017-2.jpg

Here's the real hunting rig. This is by far the best hunting purchase I have ever made.

Stayin' dry!

5-15-8026-2.jpg

DSC_0853-1.jpg

Blake, The tires are made by Interco. The are the super swamper SSR's and fit a 14 inch rim. I had the ITP xtr's radials before these, but found I rode on the pavement alot up north near our property so I decided to switch to these. I can ride full speed without any vibration at all. I run about five pounds of air in the front and eight in the rears. If you need a set, let me know and I will hook you up with the people I bought mine from. David

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=9&g=1

Hey David,

How do you like those tires?? I have been thinking about going with the Toyos for my Rhino. I haven't heard any bad reviews on them yet, but I am concerned with the stiffness of the sidewalls when putting truck tires on. It tends to make the ride really rough.

Blake, The tires are made by Interco. The are the super swamper SSR's and fit a 14 inch rim. I had the ITP xtr's radials before these, but found I rode on the pavement alot up north near our property so I decided to switch to these. I can ride full speed without any vibration at all. I run about five pounds of air in the front and eight in the rears. If you need a set, let me know and I will hook you up with the people I bought mine from. David

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=9&g=1

Hey David,

How do you like those tires?? I have been thinking about going with the Toyos for my Rhino. I haven't heard any bad reviews on them yet, but I am concerned with the stiffness of the sidewalls when putting truck tires on. It tends to make the ride really rough.

David, how much did those run? I need a new set for my Ranger and was looking at all the options. Hows the ride with those on the trails?

I think they ride pretty good considering they are a light truck tire. Let the air down in them a bit and they take the terrain very well, plus this will be your last set of tires you will need to buy. I read where one guy had a set on his ranger with two thousand miles and the tires were hardly worn. I still need to put one in forward a arms on mine since I have the huge offset wheels. I want to say the tires were about $110 a piece. David

Here's my new rig. I have been a long time Chevy guy but when it was time to upgrade from a regular travel trailer to a toyhauler, I had to upgrade trucks too. Went with the new Dodge and don't think I will ever look back.

These were taken on this year's late rifle bull hunt.

5-15-8016-1.jpg

5-15-8017-2.jpg

Now thats what I like to here! You will never go back since you have a real truck now! ;) :P Very nice!

-Tracy

Here's my beuatifull baby/money pit! :D I don't have any in the field pics, all I have are these right after I got done shinning her all up. I'll take some in the field pics this Janruary.

-Tracy

post-1275-1229644850.jpg

post-1275-1229645015.jpg

Thanks for the info David. I will let you know when I decide to buy them. I still have probably another summer's worth of life on my stock tires and then it's time to upgrade. I am pretty sure I am going to end up with some sort of truck tire. Only downfall is that I have to buy 14 inch rims.

Thanks for the info David. I will let you know when I decide to buy them. I still have probably another summer's worth of life on my stock tires and then it's time to upgrade. I am pretty sure I am going to end up with some sort of truck tire. Only downfall is that I have to buy 14 inch rims.

Right now I am thinking that I made a mistake going to the 14" rims. The tire prices I am finding for the

26x12x14 is like 150 each. I am thinking of going back to stock rims and spending 220.00 on all 4.

I do like the little extra clearance I gained but not sure if it is worth the whip they want.

Might check into the Toyo's .

Troy,

I am not sure you can even get the light truck tires in a 12" I could be wrong though. I know a couple UTV dealers right now that can get the 14" Toyos out the door for around $97 a piece.

A really neat website to check out if you haven't already is www.rhinoforums.com. Do a search on the Toyos and you will find a TON of information, including which vendors on the site are selling them. Also, if you are a member of the site, most of those vendors will give you a discount.

Another tire you can look at is the General Grabber AT2. I almost went that direction, but I wanted something that would also work good in the mud. You can get the generals for a pretty good price. David

PERDY truck Shorty ;)

Seems to me that your cooler is a bit small and the side by side

has a tendency of getting stuck :rolleyes:

Think I will stick with Amber ;)

:rolleyes: :P

That was just a half day ride so the cooler was sufficient!

That was just a half day ride so the cooler was sufficient!

I understand and I have my half day cooler also ;)

post-1778-1231032930.jpg

:P

HA HA HA!!!