Hey Linehand, like you need another gun. By the way, I didn't find and mags for your 44 DE, sorry. Talk to you later.

Mike

Tikka or Vanguard. I have the Tikka T3 lite also in .243 for varmints. Have not shot it much yet but gonna try it on and hope to get an antelope tomorrow with it.

The action is smoother than any gun in the price range.

Well, I got out today to fill my antelope doe tag and spotted a heard of 75+ speedgoats in a field I had permission to hunt. Out in the open like that I could only get to within 350 yards. I crawled about 50 yards to get to a good spot and took about 10 minutes to find a doe that was not lined up with others that might also take a hit and I took the shot. The new Tikka was on the mark... sort of.

The antelope went down right away when hit and it was trying to get up but I was sure she was done for. The heard started running and she tried to get up and within 10 seconds she was chasing and up to full speed and circling back to get into the heard. After that we Lost her in the heard. We watched them for at least 30 minutes feeding about a hlaf mile away in the field but never saw one go down They ran for a couple minutes, fed more before they moved across the state line (yes the state line) so I could not pursue. We looked over the field and could not find any sign. I used a federal premium 100 gr sierra BTSP bullet and wonder if anyone has opinions or experience on these bullets?

Thats why they call it hunting, not killing.

Last I looked, Tikka does not make a LH bolt gun in the T3lite. I think they do have a LH in their wood stocked model.

Dollar for dollar, I think Savage is hard to beat. Their stocks aren't the best, nor their actions - but their triggers and barrels are fantastic, and that's what makes for good shooting, IMO.

I have a Howa 1500 in .308 and love it ! It seems to really like Federal premium 168gr.