Sign in to follow this  
archery bank

Lees Ferry report end of June

Just fished Lees Ferry June 30 and July 1. The water was extremely murky probably due to the run off. I could only see about six feet down. The flow was high around 18-20K. I fly fished mostly. Very lttle dry fly activity, I only caught three on dries on the back eddy at four mile. No cicadas were seen nor heard. The usual areas to wade were under five to six feet of water.

I nymphed using an orange SJ worm and a green scud. I caught most on my fish on a weighted green wolly bugger using a full sinking line getting the hits on the swing. I also caght a few fish on dry/dropper, big dry with  2 feet of 5x holding a SJ worm in the few riffles that were available. Not one fish rose to the dry.

The weather was nice with little wind but it got hot in the afternoon. I wore waders in the AM then after lunch I was down to long pants and sandals. My boat ran well and my new prop remained unscathed.

Most of the guides had their clients fishing off the boat. I only saw three guide boats out on Saturday

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing the report. Always a great time when some fish were caught and all the equipment performed and came home in one piece.