Sign in to follow this  
mtn-memories

San Diego Fishing Charter?

I'm thinking about putting together a group fishing trip for the guys in my church, probably one of those all-night/all day charters. Can anybody recommend a reputable outfit out of San Diego? I don't want to learn about a bad outfit the hard way.

Thanks in advance!

Bill,

What kind of fish are you wanting to target?

Point Loma Sportfishing

H&M Sportfishing

Fishermans Landing

Seaforth Sport Fishing

These are the four best known landings in San Diego.

As for boats that I would recommend would be "Pacific Voyager" Captianed by Mark Oronoz is out of Seaforth Landing. The "Voyager" Captain Jody Morgan also out of Seaforth. The "El Capitan" Captain Alan Fay out Point Loma and the "Success" also out of Point Loma Captained by Cary Dodson.

I have been on several day and multiday trips and these four boats and crews have been the most memorable for me. We already have another 3 day trip booked on the Pacific Voyager for late June of 09.

All four landings have several other boats and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.>>> Manny

Bill,

What kind of fish are you wanting to target?

Point Loma Sportfishing

H&M Sportfishing

Fishermans Landing

Seaforth Sport Fishing

These are the four best known landings in San Diego.

As for boats that I would recommend would be "Pacific Voyager" Captianed by Mark Oronoz is out of Seaforth Landing. The "Voyager" Captain Jody Morgan also out of Seaforth. The "El Capitan" Captain Alan Fay out Point Loma and the "Success" also out of Point Loma Captained by Cary Dodson.

I have been on several day and multiday trips and these four boats and crews have been the most memorable for me. We already have another 3 day trip booked on the Pacific Voyager for late June of 09.

All four landings have several other boats and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.>>> Manny

Manny,

I am totally clueless on the kind of fish. I'm just looking for something that would be fun for a bunch of "land lubbers" :P Thanks for the info!

You might want to check the San Diego Union-Tribune's website. I found this report below by Googling the site and clicking on "sports" and then "outdoors." Something tells me that mid-winter is not a good time to go fishing off San Diego. -- Bill Quimby

December 2, 2008

Ocean Fishing

H&M, POINT LOMA, FISHERMAN'S LANDING – 33 anglers, one half-day boat: 5 sheephead, 1 cabezon, 25 perch, 7 sand bass, 2 calico bass, 35 white croaker, 21 rockfish.

SEAFORTH – 14 anglers, one half-day boat: 20 rockfish, 2 whitefish.

OCEANSIDE – 18 anglers, one half-day boat: 21 sculpin, 9 rockfish, 1 boccacio, 4 whitefish, 31 sand dabs.

Thanks John! Bill, I think you're right..... dead of winter doesn't appear to be very productive. :( I was looking for something in the Spring, hopefully the counts are up then.

Thanks again guys!

I did a charter with 10 of my guys in September. Point Loma, it was a tuna trip 3 day and the boat caught 266 fish. The boat was the Bright and Morning Star. I have a friend that has been fishing with them for years and has nothing but good things to say. We had a great trip, Take Care, JLG.

H&M! I have used them several times and it has always been a great time!