Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

More on the so called "bait" rule

Guys,

Don't bother to write to G&F about this issue until January when it is officially opened up to public comment. It took me a 20 minute conversation and several specific exacting questions with Celeste Cook at G&F rules today, but after I finally asked the correct perfect question, she finally admitted that comments about a rule that are submitted before it is officially opened up to public comment, are only "tallied", and not included in the "preamble" (whatever the heck that is). It really does annoy me off that G&F has to be so evasive with their responses to questions.

Bottom line, comments that you have already sent to G&F do not count as much as comments made after it is officially opened up to public comment, scheduled to be around January 2. So hold off you comments until then, and also resubmit the ones that you have already made then.

One other factoid that I did manage to squeeeeeeeeze out of the friendly, but completely evasive G&F bureaucrat was that most of comments seemed to be from people on CWT.com. Great job guys! (although she refused to say if most were pro or con)

Merry CHRISTmas Everyone!

Mark

Why not do both? If we really want our voices to be heard then we should make a comment right now that can be included in the tally, and we should also make a comment after the official comment period is open so our comments can be included there as well.

Don't sell your self short by only commenting just once. Also get your spouses and children to send in there comments as well. There voices and opinions should also be included even if they don't hunt. Don't forget that the G&F listens to the anti hunters and tree huggers when they are pushing there agendas. So why not have your non hunting relatives voice there opinions for this issue as well.

Also don't forget that this is not an election. There is no law that says you can only vote once. Keep voicing your opinions every day if you'd like! I doubt there keeping track of names anyway. Keep the comments flowing so they know you're serious.

Who can I send them too? While new to hunting AZ, we're going through the exact same battle in ND, the G&F is trying to get our congress to vote it in so they don't have to field the backlash after they put it into play, they've been showering the hunting and general public with anti-baiting propaganda for the last year now, even included a pamphlet called "Implications of Baiting Big Game" with every license they sold, it was supposed to be non-biased, but as you can tell by the title, it wasn't quite that way!!! I should post it on here, the cover has a heard of deer standing in at least a truck load of corn in a giant pile. Next thing you know they'll be dumping them out of an airplane with a fake $100 bill printed on one side. It's all because of two G&F employees with a vendetta. My friends and family played a big part in fighting it down two years ago, so keep you're opinions flowing in, but I'm afraid this year the G&F's full on biased non-scientific campaign is gonna win. Good luck to ya'll down here, and give me a contact that I can send my emails to, I'll spread the word back home, get some non-residents in on the tally!

P.S.- if you are anti-baiting, please don't lecture me, I'm sure there's another thread to argue that on...

What we really need to do between now and then is find a way to branch out to other bowhunters so that the Department has no excuse about all of the complaints coming from one source, etc.

We really need to send emails etc. to the guys and gals we know who don't visit this site and aren't yet informed about this.

Here are the email addresses:

BWakeling@azgfd.gov (Brian Wakeling)

AMunig@azgfd.gov (Amber Munig)

ccook@azgfd.gov (Celeste Cook)

Rulemaking@azgfd.gov

Here is the link to send messages to the commissioners:

http://www.azgfd.gov/inside_azgfd/commissi...rs.shtml#carter

AZOnecam, you are exactly right, and I' trying to do my best to do that. If you or anyone else has any ideas about the best way to get something going, send me a PM and maybe we could get an organized effort going.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

Mark

You can all send emails if you want....I think they will be ignored. it is easy to ignore email we all do it. if you truly want to be heard SHOW UP IN PERSON AT G&F MEETINGS. a large turnout can not be ignored. do it or lose it !!!!

Next they'll probly outlaw blinds, treestands, calls and cover scents, maybe game cams,Scent killing products,High def Camo,Trigger releases, 300fps+ bows, 40x + Binos, Carbon arrows etc. etc. <_< <_< I wonder where they'll stop?

Pretty soon we'll be down to that old BBgun or Slingshot. :lol: :lol: But no really :unsure: Sign of more rights they're gonna take. I mean If you put an apple on a trail knowing the deer will pause at the "bait" for a clean, ethical, and succesfull harvest then, what the heck is wrong with that!!! ?:huh:

The apple fell outa my pack I guess? :ph34r: