Sign in to follow this  
SO I HUNT

TIKKA LITE your take?

New to the site and have enjoyed every minute of it :rolleyes: My hunting partner told me it was time to sign up so here I am (thanks cramerhunts)!

My question is this I just bought and love this Tikka lite ( 7mm Rem. Mag ) and yes this is alittle late in asking if anyone as had problems with this gun or not? I put a Leupold 4.5-14X40 B&C scope with warne rings and set the trigger @ 2.5 lbs. at 300 it shoots about 1.5" group 3 shots. Just wondering what surprises there will be down the road from now?

Just can get over how well this gun shoots :P Feel free to say what may be on your mind on these guns or mistakes that I may have made putting this gun together? Also I have a late Dec. whitetail tag for Unit 29, so what you say will not affect my good feeling as of now unless I miss many time under pressure? All and All this is the greatest site I have watched and first one ever to join.

Welcome to our site and good luck on your Dec. deer hunt. :)

TJ

I used a Tikka T3 Lite in .270 for the first time this year. Took my coues in October with one shot at just under 300 yards. I'm looking forward to packing the Tikka around for years to come. Good luck with your hunt!

Happy you finally signed up to the best site on the world wide web! I don't think you'll find too many bad things about the tikka and I'm sure it'll take that beast down south just fine.

Phil

From everything I have read, the Tikka is a heck of a gun.

Personally, I dont like the feel but what do I know. :D

I would try some different ammo, the Tikka should probably do better than 1.5" at 100 yards. ( or so I have been told!)

Welcome! When talking about music, Duke Ellington once said “If it sounds good, it IS good.” You can say the same about a rifle: “If it shoots good, it IS good.”

If I read you post right you shot a 1.5 inch groups at 300 yds? :o Yeah, I’d say that’s a shooter.

I have a Tikka T3 lite stainless in .308 and I really like it. Good luck on your hunt!

I would try some different ammo, the Tikka should probably do better than 1.5" at 100 yards. ( or so I have been told!)

As I read it, the man said he got a 1.5" group at 300 yds. Not bad for a cheap gun. Incidentally, I have one in .270 and I think it's a great gun at any price. Jack

well i just bought one they had a left handed one at sportsman 300 wsw i will let you know how it shoots

Did you fill your 29 tag yet?

I Haven't yet, going back Xmas day after opening presents (that was the demand from the wife) staying till the first. I did see some nice ones opening week-end until the wind blew me all the way back to Gilbert :lol:

As I read it, the man said he got a 1.5" group at 300 yds. Not bad for a cheap gun. Incidentally, I have one in .270 and I think it's a great gun at any price. Jack

Guess I need to learn how to read?!

Actually, I think he might have changed that as I think I read that twice...