I think thats a WR Muzzleloader coues a few pics up

I think thats a WR Muzzleloader coues a few pics up

It is, but I was referring to the break-open style of ML'ers.. That one is an inline.

Scottyboy,

In answer to your question, The Claw works as well as with anything on your break open muzzy. It simply clamps forward of the break on the stock like with a rifle. This does not interfere with the break open action. if you need to reload ever then you can still do it with The Claw clamped on or you can simply remove the muzzy from The Claw/Tripod and reload (takes 5 seconds). So it is not an issue whatsoever.

Congratulations on your Elephants by the way and now a coveted elk tag.....WOW. You will absolutely love having The Claw on your hunt. I remember drawing an early rifle elk tag in 10 back in 2003. I wanted a rifle bipod that had the most amount of panning capibillity so that I could quickly set up and anticipate a big bull peaking his head out of the thick junipers. Then no matter where he appeared I could quickly pan and shoot. To my amazement nothing met my desire. The best I could come up with at the time was the Caldwell bipod which had like 30 degrees panning, not much. Now with the Claw you have 360 degree panning, 180 degree tilt, and unlimited height adjustment. It is perfect for an early season elk hunt.

I am attaching a couple pics of a 416" bull 15 year old, Cody Nicholson shot last year on the early Muzzy hunt. As you can see he shot it with a break open muzzleloader. Good luck on your hunt

Cade

post-2988-1238550313_thumb.jpg

post-2988-1238550332_thumb.jpg

i picked one up this year at the international sportsmens expo cause i really like the concept of tightening the gun in place in case you have to wait for an animal to stand or present a shot. in my opinion i would rather spend the money on a product like this instead of missing an opportunity on a once in a lifetime animal. also...i would try to find these guys at a show i paid $120 for mine ;) just my 2 cents

My gosh, what a BULL!! THAT'S what I'll be looking for with this tag!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to get The Claw.. Been wanting one, now I have the perfect reason to buy it. I'll be in touch very soon, Cade.. I'll be starting to practice with the muzzy in ernest within the next couple of weeks, and would like to get to know the in's and out's of the claw as well during this preparation time period.

And thanks for the kind words as well!

Eric, thats a great price for sure!! Any upcoming events where Cade and his guys will be setting up in the near future?? How 'bout the ADA dinner in June, or maybe the SCI local chapter dinner here in early July?

Scottyboy,

I was going to post some upcoming shows that we will be at but I did not want Amanda to construe it as advertising but since you asked it should be ok. We will be donating a Claw at the ADA banquet and may do a display there however if we do we will not be selling so as not to take away from the fundraising efforts. However, we will be having a booth at the annual NRA convention which is in Phoenix this year. It is at the Phoenix Convention Center, May 15th-17th. We will be having a show special there as well so please stop by. I am excited for the show, should be a good one! Hopefully get to meet some of you all then.

Cade

Forgot to mention, as of last week Jim White is excited to start carrying The Claw to offer along with his vast and great product line of tripod/hunting products. I believe he will have a booth at The NRA show also so be sure to visit him if you've never visited with him. He is a big supporter of CW and a very pleasant guy to deal with.

Sounds good Cade.. I will see you at the ADA dinner with full intentions of winning that bid!! Should I get out-bid, looks like I'll pick one up from you the good old fashioned way! Either way, I have full intentions of owning a CLAW this summer..

Thanks again!

Cade:

I got the Claw, the 458B Manfrotto and the 721 HDV fluid head. Waiting for a buddy to do a "slight" modification to the Claw and we'll set 'er up and give it a try.

I have a question though. I saw the camo tape on the legs of the tri-pod. Do you have would have any issues with just painting the legs, rather than using tape?

Guys, as a guide, in the past I've had situations where folks just couldn't see the critter, couldn't find it when it started walking, had a tough time shooting off hand over brush, etc.

I decided to offer this system this year on our hunts to any of our hunters who want to use it. I'm going to use it on my Sept. muzzleloader elk hunt in Unit 6A and on my New Mexico Oryx hunt.

I have no problem with giving you all a report (thumbs up or thumbs down) on how all this works after all the hunts are in the books.

Yes, it is a lot of money for this set up. But when you got a lot of money invested in high quality optics, firearms, bows and arrows, vehicles, etc. I find it hard NOT to invest something that may be the difference between a solid hit or a questionable one.

I have done hunts in the past for the Arizona Hunt of A Lifetime (and hope to do more in the future!) and I can assure you that this kind of shooting aid will be of great help with SOME of the kids who do have limitations.

Again, I'll let you all know.

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Don,

Not a problem painting the legs just as long as you only paint the outer section only and obviously not the inner two sections. The reason why I started using the tape many years ago is because it also serves as an insulator which dampens potential noises and also makes it easier to hold on those cold mornings, both of which would be negated by just painting. Good luck on your upcoming hunts and I look forward to your feedback.

Cade

Very nice bull. thanks for sharing. We'll be needing one of these. Yeah the bull and the Claw!

Scottyboy,

In answer to your question, The Claw works as well as with anything on your break open muzzy. It simply clamps forward of the break on the stock like with a rifle. This does not interfere with the break open action. if you need to reload ever then you can still do it with The Claw clamped on or you can simply remove the muzzy from The Claw/Tripod and reload (takes 5 seconds). So it is not an issue whatsoever.

Congratulations on your Elephants by the way and now a coveted elk tag.....WOW. You will absolutely love having The Claw on your hunt. I remember drawing an early rifle elk tag in 10 back in 2003. I wanted a rifle bipod that had the most amount of panning capibillity so that I could quickly set up and anticipate a big bull peaking his head out of the thick junipers. Then no matter where he appeared I could quickly pan and shoot. To my amazement nothing met my desire. The best I could come up with at the time was the Caldwell bipod which had like 30 degrees panning, not much. Now with the Claw you have 360 degree panning, 180 degree tilt, and unlimited height adjustment. It is perfect for an early season elk hunt.

I am attaching a couple pics of a 416" bull 15 year old, Cody Nicholson shot last year on the early Muzzy hunt. As you can see he shot it with a break open muzzleloader. Good luck on your hunt

Cade

post-2988-1238550313_thumb.jpg

post-2988-1238550332_thumb.jpg

I bought 4 claws last year for myself and some buddies that just had to have them. I have had at least 5 others who have contacted me for instructions on where to get them. They aren't $180 anymore and this helps. Once I tried the 701 HDV head I had to have one (Sorry Cade, I just can't do the 501 setup!) My son and I have shot over 500 prairie dogs off the Claw- mostly STANDING or sitting in lawn chairs. It is NOT as steady as a portable BR but where I shoot PDs, you have to pan and search constantly. One guy stands with the 15s mounted on a tripod and calls out where the dogs are and calls the shots. It is a great system and fun to boot. I have not had the opportunity to shoot anything bigger than a lion off the Claw so far. The lion was easy because I was glassing with my 15s, spotted the lion and switched my 15s for 300 mag. From spotting the lion coming in to dead was less than 5 seconds!

My biggest problem with the Claw is getting it to clamp on stocks with much taper in them. I am going to have to modify mine or come up with a shim to use on my latest McMillan stock as I can't clamp it straight. It really soaks up recoil too. If you are hunting where you can go prone with the SHORT Harris bipod, you will be steadier than the Claw. But anything else is not going to be any better.

I have shot some great groups using my shooting sticks under the buttstock and the Claw on the front. I just jam my shooting sticks right behind the pistol grip and get the Claw on target. I then slide the shooting sticks rearward- which pushes the muzzle down and I have a pretty solid rest. The Claw is not a replacement for prone shots (although I shot PDs prone off mine out to 500 yds) but rather something to use for those shots when you can't lay prone do to terrain or vegetation.

This scout had never fired a center fire rifle before and hit a 5" metal plate at 200 yds 3 out of 3. This is before I got the 701HDV. I can't find my card with the good prairie dog pics...

post-131-1273070690_thumb.jpg

If you dont have a claw you are crazy. I have one on my gun and it never comes off. Until you use it you wont appreciate it. Thanks Cade for making a great hunting invention. Keep your prices right where there at. I think the price is fine, you get what you pay for. I ll keep smoking deer at over a 1000 yards with the claw. I have some great video this year of hunts that prove that the claw is the best method out there. Thnaks again.

ive been lurking around a while and signed up a week or so ago. so i guess this is my first post. my question is with the claw the recommended head is 701HDV but i was wondering if the 128rc would work as well. i have the 128rc and i love it. i have seen both in person and there is very little difference between the two. the max supported weight is the same. i have never seen the claw in person.

thanks in advance.

No, it will not work as well. The problem is that the detachable plate is not the same as the one on the 501-701 series. This makes all the difference in the world. Although i prefer my Bogen ball head for its light weight when packing in, there is no doubt that it pales in comparison to the 701 for both shooting rifles and shooting video. The 128 will be better than not using the Claw but you will be short-changing yourself to use anything that doesn't incorporate the plate system used by the 501-701.