Here are a couple pictures from yesterday. My dogs and I chased this tom for several miles accross some NM coues country. He tried to give us the slip into some real nasty bluffs. This old tom almost got away from us but the dogs were able to located him in a serries small cave's. I passed on this one for now, to early in the season to use my tag and I was alone. Had a fun time catching him maybe we will cross paths again someday.

daleholeem.jpg

lioneyeoutem.jpg

lioneyesem.jpg

That for sure has to be an awesome experience trying to keep up with the hounds. I couldn't do it that's for sure. Thanks for sharing the pics and story with us. :)

TJ

Thanks guys, mountian lions are awesome animals and very fun and challenging to hunt in the desert southwest. This was an average tom nothing huge but mature. The blood is from one of my dogs feet, they just get a little sore from running on hard frozen ground nothing a couple days of rest won't cure.

Awesome! It's such a better experience running alongside the dogs, even when they get way out ahead of you. I love listening to them bark from canyon to canyon and following the tracks. It makes me learn a lot more about the animals too.

BB, awesome pics!!! I would have donated some lead and a lion tag (if you would have let me deliver the aforementioned lead and would have happily burned a tag on him) ;) ag

GilaMan I don't know if he can learn much from me. I realy don't know what the heck I am doing most of the time. Every once in a while I get lucky. Send me A PM on how to contact you and maybe we can get him out.

Hey Fatfoot. Well if it was later in the year I probably would have smoked him too, last year I killed a tom in dec. Then I did not have a tag to hunt the rest of the year, luckily I had some good freinds with lion tags that I hunted with. Here is the one I killed in dec. 2007.

l82ta1em.jpg