Sign in to follow this  
MogollonMan

305 70 R18 Tire Recommendations

Any recomendations for these tires? Most miles are on the highway so I don't want to go too arrgessive on the tread to deal with excessive noise and short life.

TIA

I have read and watched a lot of reviews on A/T tires since I about due for a new set and at the top of the list out of 10/12 tires is the Firestone destination a/t or the a/t 2 .

https://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/tires/brands/firestone/destinationat2/#

I really like the way the Wildpeak's ride on the hwy and handle offroad. Very quiet tire. I like them better than the BFG's, TOYO's or Nitto's I've had on my F250 I bought new in 2000.

I would never buy firestones. I've had a lot of experience mounting them and later removing them because they couldn't handle what they were put through.  That was almost 15 years ago so things might have changed.

I am now a big fan of Cooper ATPs or AT3s. Wild peaks are nice. I may try Hankooks Dynapro at2 extreme next. I also like Yokohamas but haven't ran them in a long time.

10 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

I would never buy firestones. I've had a lot of experience mounting them and later removing them because they couldn't handle what they were put through.  That was almost 15 years ago so things might have changed.

I am now a big fan of Cooper ATPs or AT3s. Wild peaks are nice. I may try Hankooks Dynapro at2 extreme next. I also like Yokohamas but haven't ran them in a long time.

I’ve been using Dynapros for years on half ton trucks. Good tires for sure. I’ll try them on my 3/4 ton when it’s time for tires.

• Like 1