Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Barlett Flatheads

I'm looking to try and bank fish from Barlett Wednesday night. How has the fishing been there? I've never caught a flathead before, I haven't really tried too either. What should I expect or try over there? I was thinking of trying over at the flats!

• Like 1

Bartlett is an enemy of mine. I flathead a lot and do pretty good everywhere else but Bartlett always kicks my butt. It is really high this year and i think bank fishing would be really tough will all the submerged trees and brush

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Bartlett is an enemy of mine. I flathead a lot and do pretty good everywhere else but Bartlett always kicks my butt. It is really high this year and i think bank fishing would be really tough will all the submerged trees and brush

Do you know any other areas in the valley I should try out then?

RedBilly, catch some bait fish and throw one out and let it hang out…put a bell on that pole and have a couple beers!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AZJoshua said:

RedBilly, catch some bait fish and throw one out and let it hang out…put a bell on that pole and have a couple beers!

For no good reason, I haven't done it in years but I LOVE flathead fishing!!!  Grew-up in Kearny and hitting the upper end (Salt) of Roosevelt was an annual tradition in the old days. 

Gotta make it a point to get out next spring/summer!

• Like 2

Was up at Bartlett last Saturday. Pretty windy in the AM, calmed by 1 PM. Fished for bass upriver and picked up 10+ on dropshot 5150 in 4" Bloodclot. A few more on a MB 110 in pearl white.

The lake is pretty low right now. There's some nice beaches up near the hazard buoy before you make the left heading into Jack's Cove. If you're looking for flattys, try upriver and catching some smaller carp on corn/breadballs. Use those as baitfish on some of the sandier flats between the hazard buoy and Jack's cove. If you're looking for bass, there are massive schools of shad upriver, try and match the hatch.

• Like 2