lefty

san carlos whitetail

thanks for all the kind words guys. i've hunted for coues for a long time and this is the first true pig i've personaly seen while in the field.

lefty,

Your buck is unique and very special! Guess what? I don't have a digital camera either.CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!

ok here's the story, me, my brother, and a friend from work took off to the res. on sunday. i decided to try an area i've never been to before,but have heard good things about. so we show up at daylight and don't see crap, i was kinda disappointed. we looked around there for a day and a half,and saw a few bucks but no shooters. i've hunted other areas in unit A before so i told bob let's get outta here and go where there's more deer.my brother had to leave for work so me and bob head for my hot spot. TUESDAY at daylight we start seeing deer. it's unreal, everytime we see a deer it's a buck,and if it is a doe,we see a buck nearby. almost every buck we see that morning is a 80-90 inch buck. that evening we try the next drainage over from where we were that morning. we look for a while and bob tells me " i spot a good buck dude!" i grab the spotter and see that he is a massive 4x4 and get a glimpse of what i think is a drop tine. so i take off for the mile hike i have over there. when i get to where i think i should see the deer, i see nothing, the deer gave me the slip, and it got dark. WEDNESDAY we decide to hike up this mountain where we will be looking directly across to where we last saw the buck the night before. we can see the whole mountainside from this point. we don't see anything for a while, then i pic up a doe, i keep looking and on another ridge i see a doe and a buck. i get the spotter and it's him! me and bob get a gameplan together, and i head over there, while bob stays behind to keep an eye on the buck and where it goes if i do'nt get him. i get into position and have the clump of tree's he bedded down in 280 yards away. i figured i would be there for hours waiting for him to come out,it was 11 a.m. i'm sitting there and all of the sudden a doe comes busting outta the tree, and the big buck behind her.i think"oh crap" and grab my 300 ultra mag and get it into position. i look and look and the deer are gone. i think great they went over the ridge and they're gone. when all of the sudden i see the doe come back over. by now i'm shaking and thinking come on where is he! then i see a head moving through some brush, it's him! now he looks huge at 280 yards. i start shaking even more.he stays in that bush for a minute and finally trots out, and stops behind another little bush so i can't shoot!it's killing me!come on just take a couple steps out.finally it happens he takes about 4 steps out and stops broadside and BOOM! down he goes! i'm hooten and hollerin' i go up there and can't believe the mass on him! a true buck of a lifetime!

That is a buck of 10 lifetimes. Unbelievable.