Sign in to follow this  
az41mag

Recommendations for gaiters

Does anyone have recommendations for leg gaiters? Doesn't need to be snake proof per se, just looking for something to keep the pants dry going through grass that's wet from dew in the mornings. 

Same here I have a pair of OR I’ve had over 20 yrs and very pleased with them. The military set for sale in the classifieds now look very similar to OR so they may even be made by OR. 

my only complaint is the pair I have are heavy cordura so they are pretty noisy if they brush together. 

1 hour ago, Coach said:

I got the Kenetrek gaiters for that exact same reason - keeping my pant legs from getting soaked in dewy grass. I really like them. That said, KUIU are in the outlet right now for $39.99 which is a really good deal. 

https://www.kuiu.com/products/outlet-kuiu-scree-gaiters-ash

I have these. They are awesome for keeping junk out of your boots but not so good for water; too short. Better than NOTHING but the tall kuiu are  better at keeping pants dry. 

I also am a big fan of just waterproofing the bottoms of my pants. I diy silicone my pants. Works excellent.

Thanks for the replies. Good point about the material used, being quiet is important too since these will be used on archery hunts. I'll take a look at the ones mentioned here.

AzDiamondHeat; what do you use for silicone?