Passinthru

Firewood-Aspen and Dougfir

Kids and I went camping up north and cut/split 1.5 cords of mostly aspen along with dougfir. My boys are 5 and 6 and wanting to sell it here in the valley. Any thoughts of what we should ask? Thanks located San Tan/Florence area. 

The Aspen I have burned  popped a lot and shot a lot of sparks out. I would check with cordwood sellers up north to see if it actually has any value.

17 hours ago, PRDATR said:

The Aspen I have burned  popped a lot and shot a lot of sparks out. I would check with cordwood sellers up north to see if it actually has any value.

Its pretty common up here to see Aspen for sale. I think it has more value than pine.

• Like 5

Wonder why this didn’t notify me of responses. Thank you all for the responses.

I’m from Springerville and we burn the heck outta aspen. We’ve never burnt pine, unless it was over a camp fire…to messy for the flue. Usually cut aspen, fir, oak and juniper. Last year prices were crazy in the middle of winter in Springerville…people were paying $250-$300 for a cord of aspen split and delivered. Back in highschool we’d sell a cord of aspen for $100 and a case of beer if we were lucky.haha $250 for a cord of juniper split and delivered. Guess I’ll move this over to the classifieds and see about getting $500??? Get my little helpers paid.haha

Thanks again

6 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Its pretty common up here to see Aspen for sale. I think it has more value than pine.

Maybe it wasn't seasoned long enough?

My inlaws are up in Alpine. They only burn Aspen, Juniper., and oak. Pine is for the fire pit by the pond. 

People have been up there logging Aspen dead fall since the Wallow fire.  

• Like 2