Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Another Shoutout for Swarovski

I know there are occasionally testimonials of both good and bad customer experiences here, so thought I would share my latest.

I was missing the eyecups for my one of my pairs of 15X56 SLC binoculars. (Yes, I own two....   The product of having 3 hunting kids at once. 🙄)   Anyway, I went on to Midway USA's website and found what I thought were the right replacements and ordered them for approximately $50.  When 'they' arrived, I was disappointed to find that it was only a single eyecup, as opposed to two.  My fault, and no big deal.  I would just need to order a second one.    The problem was however that when I tried to screw the new one in, the threads wouldn't grab.

I called Swarovski and determined via the serial number on the binos, that since they were a slightly older version of the SLCs (purchased used on this site) that the eyecup I bought from Midway would not work.  Without hesitation and without me asking for a single thing except to confirm what the right part was, the Swarovski dude on the phone simply confirmed my address and phone number and said he would have two new proper eyecups in the mail to me that same day.  Free of charge!

I've had exceptional service from Swarovski in the past, as they basically rebuilt a pair for me once totally free of charge (including replacing the outer casing with the newer rubberized version...).

I just LOVE and respect good old fashioned customer service!!!

Buy Swaros with confidence, folks!! ;)

S.

• Like 6

Wish I would have went this route. I too recently purchased a set of eyecups for older set of SLCs. Paid close to $100. Should have talked to Swaro it sounds like…

• Like 1

I love Swarovsky warranty and customer service. I broke my 15's a week or so before taking off to Sonora Mexico, I send them out and a was very happy and sorprised I got my binos back just in time for my Sonora coues deer hunt!

Also very happy and satisfied with Sightron. One of my rifle scopes broke and they send me back a brand new one within 5 or 6 days!

• Like 4

I have lost one of the front objective covers a few times, they just get stretched out after a while and fall off in the middle of nowhere never to be seen again. I created an account when I bought my first used pair of 15's back in about 2001.

A simple email usually gets a new pair in a week. I have over the years had three pairs of 15's, 8.5 EL's and currently have 10X EL's, NL's and a pair of 15's. The NL's I bought new, everything else has been used. When I buy used they immediately get send back to get gone through and get a clean bill of health. Sometimes there is a charge, sometimes not. They don't make me better at glassing like Ernesto of Big Browns but at least I can't blame it on the glass.

I think those guys could find Coues with an old pair of Sears and Roebuck 7X35 Zoom's.

• Like 3