Sign in to follow this  
HighBirds

WTB Model 12 Heavy Duck

48 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Can these older Model 12's shoot steel shot?

Probably with the choke opened up and maybe the forcing cone lengthened.  These were always full choke to my knowledge.  

But I shoot bismuth so not a big concern to me.  

• Like 2

Model 12 is my favorite pump. I have  one that is close to 100 years old that has almost no blueing and another from 1953 that has a fancy stock and vent rib, they just fit me well.

• Like 2

It's surprising the model 12's just don't seem to get the same hype as others because they are great shotguns.

I have 3 of them (12-16-20).  The Model 12 is the pinnacle of the American pump shotgun with all due respect to the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500.  

I feel like I gotta throw out a little bit of friendly banter here…. I like the model 12 a lot, I own one. Also like the mossbergs…. But I’m absolutely a HUGE 870 fan. I’ve got a bunch of ‘em. My 1966 wingmaster is 100% the best,smoothest, most reliable pump shotgun I’ve ever shot. The one dig I have against 870s is I ran into a couple not so great ones in the 2000s, I think they went through a rough period with quality then though…. But the older ones are the best!

good luck finding what you’re lookin for man! Makes me want to buy another model 12…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dustin25 said:

I feel like I gotta throw out a little bit of friendly banter here…. I like the model 12 a lot, I own one. Also like the mossbergs…. But I’m absolutely a HUGE 870 fan. I’ve got a bunch of ‘em. My 1966 wingmaster is 100% the best,smoothest, most reliable pump shotgun I’ve ever shot. The one dig I have against 870s is I ran into a couple not so great ones in the 2000s, I think they went through a rough period with quality then though…. But the older ones are the best!

good luck finding what you’re lookin for man! Makes me want to buy another model 12…

I won’t argue with any of that.  The 870 is awesome and I have a few of them.  But they are really apples and oranges.  The 870 is a much simpler and more economical design.  Nothing wrong with that, in many ways it’s the easier and more reliable and modern platform.  The Model 12 though was crafted during that old world generation of gun making and the quality is in a totally different class (IMO).  

I have an older  model 12  12 ga that does not state heavy duck gun on the barrel .  It does have for FOR SUPER SPEED AND SUPER-X 3 in chamber on the barrel. I believe this is the same as the heavy duck gun.Glad to send you photos and discuss price/condition if you wish.

You can DM me or call Gino 928 978 1013

I will be out in the woods until this afternoon but will return message or call when I return

• Like 1