wow this thread sure ballooned into a giant mess of mudslinging crap and ugliness.

Point #1. Great job helping out a young hunter asking for help (those who helped out, crbn4runner etc.) Thats what we're here to do guys, help each other out.

Point #2. Good shot or not, you kept your boots on until you got the job done and for that, extra merit and kudos to you. Most people wouldn't have stuck it out for that long.

Point #3. If you don't have something nice or helpful or pertinent to type, then keep your big fat, nasty, mean, fingers off the keyboard and don't be mean or hurtful to anyone.

Ponit #4. Nice buck man!

Coues N Sheep I think you are a stand up guy and always offering support.

Well Thanks and Welcome, SitNspot.... there are a lot of great people here on this site, better than me... ;)

Congrats Adam!!!! ;) Sticking with it is the key! You put in you time and got your buck!! That is great! Congrats!

Also, if you don't want to post anymore about the buck that is fine... Could you pm me the story of the first hit.... like were actual impact was, damage, and so on.... These deer are tuffer deer than we think and that stuff interests me!!

Again Congrats to you and 4runner!

Congrats on the buck. That is the way to stick in there. I have to say again CONGRATS ;)

That is a great buck. Congrats. My hat is off to you for your diligence. There are not many that would have persisted with looking for that long. I spent two days looking for a deer my son wounded on a JR hunt and now am thinking if I would have stuck with it, would we have found him??? Good job!! Congratulations.

I have a 160 yd pin on my bow, it is great you should see some peoples faces, I start at 30yds and go to 160 every 10yds, I will put every arrow on a 3x3 target at that distance, I wouldn't shoot an animal that far but 95 sure, I do have to say if it was truly a heart lung shot, the animal would be dead and you did not find him through your looking for it, I have shot over 50 big game animals and I have never lost a "perfect shot" animal, not trying to argue but that is just a fact.

Pretty impressive Adam, very nice deer and follow up performance.

You took a pretty good beating on your thread. Sorry for ya on that one.

I have a 160 yd pin on my bow, it is great you should see some peoples faces, I start at 30yds and go to 160 every 10yds, I will put every arrow on a 3x3 target at that distance, I wouldn't shoot an animal that far but 95 sure, I do have to say if it was truly a heart lung shot, the animal would be dead and you did not find him through your looking for it, I have shot over 50 big game animals and I have never lost a "perfect shot" animal, not trying to argue but that is just a fact.

Is that a 3'x3' target? And what the heck kinda sight do you have to get 30 to 160 yards? Thats a ton of pins! And what bow and fps are you shooting?

Adam,

Congrats on a fine buck and especially for sticking with him. Don't let a few bad apples ruin the experience for you, blow them off! I know how you feel. Four years ago, a few un-named individuals who are still on this site rained on the parade of my first buck too. They are simply expressing their jealousy through their childish criticism. Someone made the comment of being careful what you post on the internet. I am sorry to say this but I think your only mistake was being honest and looking for support on a public forum.

Best of luck to you,

Mark