Congrats on a great buck!! Good for you for sticking with it and finding your deer. Props to all the folks that helped with your search. I honestly did not think I would be reading this kind of behavior on this forum. For some reason I thought there were better people on here. Don't worry about what some of these people say, you do what feels comfortable to you. I know plenty of guys that would feel more than comfortable with a shot like that. I wouldn't but does that mean I should rip on you for doing it? No it sure does not. Congrats again to you!!! By the way, where are the moderators on this site? :unsure:

Great job on youre first Buck, and way to stick with it. Just laugh at the negative opinions, this was youre successful hunt and youll never forget it. Do you know Dave G. he talks about you guys at ross alot. I hunt with him alot.

Mark

Congrats.... nice deer and nice shot, a 35 yard shot in the neck isn't easy. I for one have lost an animal in the past and can understand the relief that you must felt. He will make a beautiful mount.

It wouldnt let the air out of a basketball but you guys tracked a blood trail for over a mile the day it was shot. uh huh sound like it wouldnt let the air out of a basketball. I'm not exactly sure what this means: "

wow for a college degree i might call BS on that. we followed the blood initially for the first 200 yds,you follow, your assumption is that we followed it all day, close assumption but since you were'nt there, you would'nt no. there rest was just tracking with no blood, easy to track since it had rained that morning. and about the basketball if you took english 101, you would no that that is a euphemism, opinions are like A-holes everyones got one and they all stink, flame on!! if you would like a play by play feel free to send me a P.M.

Mr Smith,

Lets dissect(very biological word) what you say for BS. You say you have a Wildlife Bio degree, yet you don't mention a job in that field. Is it because you can't get along with others or is it because your lying about your degree. You see it is much easier to check an actual job then a degree. So since you claim a non-verifiable credential you are obviously lying. How about this one. you said on New Years that you were 30 yards from two Coues deer, but could not get an ethical shot so you passed. You are either lying or hunting from a blind. I don't know which is worse. Just admit it your jealous. Adam is a good shot and your probably not, so you rationalize it by saying he is unethical. Since Adam can shoot better than me he must be unethical. he shoots deer at 95, yet I am more ethical because i can't even shoot them at 30. What you have is a reaction formation. Your ego cannot justify your inadequacy, so to cope in your mind you claim anyone that can shoot is thus unethical. Really a simple psychological defense mechanism that we all have, so I forgive you. How do i know this. I have a degree In Psychiatry.

Dr. Bobbyo

Mr Smith

Is this your story?

AzSJ Supporter

Deer Story

I guess I should post something... So I shot a deer yesterday. It was a bad hit and the deer ran off with three legs. We followed the blood/hoof print trail for about three hours and ended up bumping him out of his bed. Never got a chance for a second shot. We then followed the renewed blood trail til dark and not wanting to bump him in the dark we marked the spot and left. The deer covered over 3 miles. JLG Dave and I headed up this morning only to find it raining and foggy with less than 20ft of visibility. Decided it would be pretty pointless to look under those conditions so we came home. Headed back up tomorrow, hopefully we can find him but I am certain the blood trail will be gone. Thanks Airon (Desertghost) for hunting with me and helping along the trail. You are certainly more skilled than I when it comes to finding/following a blood trail. I will let you all know how this plays out. Hopefully we can find him.

Didn't you give up after one day and then shoot another deer??

Perhaps your shot was at a range that exceeded your abilities with a rifle??

Do you really feel you should cast stones?

I admire the way the young man stayed after his deer.

Perhaps you are trying to take out your feelings on inadequacy on him?

Nice buck Adam!

Its really sad that you cant even come to a hunting forum and get support. Mr Smith (aka mr. biologist and so called know it all because you were there right....whatever) Get off your computer stop trying to make people feel like they are idiots. Yeah yeah write back and give me your educated response!!!!!!!

just wanted to say good job of helping out 4runner... didn't mention that in the first congrats... good job fellas on not quitting and getting the job done...

Fish ain't bitin'. I said I'm done so I'm done. I'll answer specific questions in PM's.

Come on Smith. Us diploma guys can have a gentlemanly conversation. I will not cop out or get mad and I always respond back respectfully. We could certainly continue our therapy session in an open forum. If you don't respond I guess I will have to assume my diagnosis was right.

Dr. Bobbyo

Adam

Congratulations on sticking with it and finding your deer! That is dedication my friend and something you should be proud of. I'm not going to comment on your original shot. I think there are plenty of comments already and I'm sure you beat yourself up enough between the time you first shot him and the time you finally put your tag on him.

One thing I will comment on, is the choice of broadheads. I honestly believe that a COC fixed blade broadhead is the best choice. I personally like the 3 blade design of the Snuffer SS. The Montec and Hellrazor are also very similar style broadheads. They are extremely tough, shoot very well out of well tuned gear, and when razor sharp will cut plenty.

That is a great buck man, enjoy!

Nick

My point exactly!

Adam, congrats!

Congrats on a great deer, your perseverance paid off.

Adam, Congrats on a very Nice Buck!! Dont worry about all the Negative Folks. Life is full of that Unfortunatly. Go spend some time on MonsterMuleys and you will see. Always quick to Judge and try to clean everyone elses lives up while ignoring our own. We are all Humans and make mistakes. The key is we learned from it and move on to become a better person. You where blessed with a very nice Buck and thats all that matters.

ADAM,

BIG CONGRATS ON THE AWESOME BUCK!! ISNT IT AMAZING WHAT SOME PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE FEED ON.. I HAVE HAD MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE JERKS, THE KNOW IT ALLS, AND THE PROFESSORS OF HUNTING UNIVERSITY!!!!!! :lol:

GREAT JOB ON FINDING THE BUCK AND ACTUALLY SHOWING WHAT CALIBER OF HUNTER YOU ARE BY STICKING WITH IT, RELOCATING AND MAKING THE KILL! THAT IS A HIGH CLASS HUNTER IN MY BOOK!! THE SKILLS TO RE-LOCATE A INJURED DEER IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THEN MAKING A 95 YARD SHOT. CONGRATS,CONGRATS,CONGRATS!!!

YOU CAN COME HUNT WITH US ANYTIME!!

MR SMITH I AM SURE ADAM... IS REAL SORRY HE DIDINT READ YOUR HANDBOOK ON HUNTING, BEFORE HE PICKED UP HIS BOW!! :(