Sign in to follow this  
jdown

Browning Dura touch (sticky stock replacement)

26 minutes ago, jdown said:

This may be old news but if you have an Xbolt with a stock that feels like it is melting - Browning has a replacement process set up from a class action - complete with prepaid shipping label. 

https://www.browning.com/support/parts-service/dura-touch-coating-service-process.html

Sending mine in today - they said about 6 weeks.  

Sent my cenergy  shotgun  in for stock replacement  and it was 8 months  . They don't  do the wood looking  stocks anymore  . Atleast for the shotgun  so it was done in carbon fiber look . They did go thru  the gun and fix and replace  springs and such but it was a long time for repair. 

I sent my A-Bolt Mountain Ti rifle in a few years ago and it took a little longer than I would have liked.

Rifle received by Browning on July 07, 2020 and was back in my possession on Nov 17, 2020.  Four months.

I did receive a call with them letting me know that the original camo on the stock was no longer available and to choose another.

I went with "carbon fiber" which was a better choice for me anyway.  (just be prepared with a second-choice finish in case they call)

Well if they give me a new stock and get rid of gummy stock - I won't complain if it take a bit. Couldn't even put it in the plastic bag inside the box.