n2horns

Anyone use Power Tank to air up/down?

I have used several compressors and all do well with no or limited load.  Looking at how quick to refill and ability to use air tools changing tires etc.. Also, ability to reseat bead if needed.   Downside is the tank recert and needing to get refilled at HVAC or weldong shops, for this will need to plan ahead and ensure tank is full.

With the various sales for Turkey day or Christmas, may be worth it to buy on sale.

Build your own. You’ll need a C02 tank (from a welding supply shop), a preset 150# regulator (part number 227C-150) some quick connect air fittings and an air hose. Works great and is much faster than the small compressors

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

• Like 2

I use on board ARB compressors. I was at UTV takeover in sand hollow this week and checked out some of the power tank options the vendors had. I will definitely go that route in the future. Waaay more air to do what needs to be done in a fraction of the time. 

7 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I use on board ARB compressors. I was at UTV takeover in sand hollow this week and checked out some of the power tank options the vendors had. I will definitely go that route in the future. Waaay more air to do what needs to be done in a fraction of the time. 

Yes that is one of the great benefits. I like mine but like I said I usually forget it and only use it went I know I have to air up a tire on an old truck or something. I've seen people use old scuba tanks and the old co2 tanks from old school soda machines as well.

If you have to use their tank that's an real thing.  For welding gasses,  my supplier just swaps cylinders, the gas doesn't matter.  Just as long as it's the same size

19 hours ago, catclaw said:

If you have to use their tank that's a real thing.  For welding gasses,  my supplier just swaps cylinders, the gas doesn't matter.  Just as long as it's the same size

What supply outfit do you use?

Allied on Country club in Mesa during the winter, the local place in Kodiak the rest of the year

Decided on getting the 10lb Power Tank, now need to look for any sales.