Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

CAlico buck mistakin id

post-3096-1231436483_thumb.jpg

did some more research--- email rumors abound--sorry heres the real story

The deer was actually killed November 2, 2008, on a privately owned ranch outside of Palestine, Texas. The piebald deer scored 138 5/8 gross with a total body weight of 195 pounds. My husband is getting the deer full body mounted. Anyways, I just wanted to give you this information since there are lots of emails going around saying the deer was harvested in Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia, and Georgia just to name a few. One email even says that the deer was sold to Cabelas for $13,000! It is crazy.”

Trophy Watch™ -- Texas as of 11/04/2008

UPDATE 11/18/08: Bellville resident James Curtis took this unique piebald whitetail in Palestine opening weekend of deer season. The TBGA official green score was 138 5/8 B&C gross with a net score of 136. The deer's body weight was 195 pounds! Congrats to James for such a unique trophy!

post-3096-1231441763_thumb.jpg

my mistake - I'll be edditing any future emails from this "friend " - sorry

Gary

I believe the hunter sold the head and cape way too cheap, I may be greedy but, $13000.00 is a little under what he SHOULD have got, seeings how they can pay upwards of $40k on heads alone for other N.A. Big Game. Just my $.02

-Jeremy-