codyhuntsaz

Bear quota question

I tried calling Game & Fish, but their phone lines are down… My question is, on the annual bear harvest it still shows a unit open, but on the fall bear harvest it shows that it’s closed Which one is correct, does anyone know?

Just now, codyhuntsaz said:

I tried calling Game & Fish, but their phone lines are down… My question is, on the annual bear harvest it still shows a unit open, but on the fall bear harvest it shows that it’s closed Which one is correct, does anyone know?

Cody, I have always gone off of the individual spring and fall reports. I hope this helps.

59 minutes ago, HNTNGUY said:

Cody, I have always gone off of the individual spring and fall reports. I hope this helps.

That makes sense, just confusing when they have an “annual harvest quota” that still says open. 

Just now, codyhuntsaz said:

That makes sense, just confusing when they have an “annual harvest quota” that still says open. 

I totally agree. Maybe it's done at the end of the year on the annual one? Your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

That’s a dicey game, if that’s the case. 

very dicey, is hard to tell sow from boar

7 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

What unit you looking at? Possible that the current hunt quota was reached and there's another hunt starting this weekend?

If it says closed in the Fall, it is closed. Dates are listed.

1 hour ago, Vowell said:

If it says closed in the Fall, it is closed. Dates are listed.

I’m sure that’s correct, but why have an annual quota that still says open. 

20 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I’m sure that’s correct, but why have an annual quota that still says open. 

Because thats the Spring hunts with the dates listed. Spring hunts generally end in May, a few had gone into June. We are in the fall, need to go buy the fall hunts. Have you looked at the harvest reporting data link??? This is what you should be looking at. In the Tab it seperates the spring vs fall, also has archery deer and lion. 

https://harvest-tracking.azgfd.gov/harvest-tracking-2/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vowell said:

Because thats the Spring hunts with the dates listed. Spring hunts generally end in May, a few had gone into June. We are in the fall, need to go buy the fall hunts. Have you looked at the harvest reporting data link??? This is what you should be looking at. In the Tab it seperates the spring vs fall, also has archery deer and lion. 

https://harvest-tracking.azgfd.gov/harvest-tracking-2/

but there is another tab for annual that says open and the totals for spring + fall don't equal the annual? I just dont understand the math for the annual limits. The math for the animals harvested does. Likely the open column on the annual just calculates harvested/annual limit and doesnt factor in season limits or dates. Still confusing though.

https://harvest-tracking.azgfd.gov/harvest-tracking-2-3/

42 minutes ago, cannonball said:

but there is another tab for annual that says open and the totals for spring + fall don't equal the annual? I just dont understand the math for the annual limits. The math for the animals harvested does.

https://harvest-tracking.azgfd.gov/harvest-tracking-2-3/

Yes and no. For example in the spring for unit 22 is 2 but 17 for the annual. If they kill 17 females in the spring before sundown wednesday in the first week then it will be closed for the entire year. 

I would go by the Fall tab when hunting the fall.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Yes and no. For example in the spring for unit 22 is 2 but 17 for the annual. If they kill 17 females in the spring before sundown wednesday in the first week then it will be closed for the entire year. 

I would go by the Fall tab when hunting the fall.

Sounds right, seems like they could do away with any confusion by just eliminating the “annual” part. 

• Like 1