Sign in to follow this  
Bill V

Rifle shipping question

I need to ship a take down rifle out of state (muzzleloader) and would like to know others experiences. l don't think USPS would be the most reliable. choice but may be the only option.  What say you?

Thanks,

Bill

Usps is the way to go. All the rules that apply to rifles don't apply to muzzleloaders for any of them but ups and fedex still get weird about it. Package that baby up nice and ship it usps. Don't even have to tell them it's a muzzleloader.

I'd ship UPS and insure for full value. You'll have to set up an account to ship. USPS doesn't pay if it gets lost or stolen and even their new Priority Mail system is not as efficient as they claim so give it a few extra days to arrive if you ship USPS. Double box it for sure no matter who you choose for a carrier. 

• Like 1

Thanks Gents for the suggestions. I will figure it out eventually.

As a follow up to my  question on shipping a firearm, I shipped with USPS and the service was excellent. Mailed on a Monday and the rifle (muzzleloaded) arrived in Montana on Friday in perfect condition. The time frame was just before Christmas, the busiest time of the year.

Bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill V said:

As a follow up to my  question on shipping a firearm, I shipped with USPS and the service was excellent. Mailed on a Monday and the rifle (muzzleloaded) arrived in Montana on Friday in perfect condition. The time frame was just before Christmas, the busiest time of the year.

Bill

Thanks for follow up info…glad it went well.