Sign in to follow this  
Rio

New to site

Hello, new person here so bear with me I don't get this right the first time. I've been reading a lot of the post about the Scoutgaurd/covert, I recently picked up a couple and had them set out for the past month, here's a couple of pics.

post-3123-1231998597_thumb.jpg

post-3123-1231998632_thumb.jpg

HunterJohnny, I know what you mean, it's like xmas each time you check them, you never know what's going to be on them. It's amazing to see the activity, and it's a good excuse to get out more often. I'm going to try and run them year round, I think it would be neat to keep a running picture-journal of some of these areas.

Amanda, no I haven't tried the video yet, I need to. I was initially worried about the video consumming too much space on the card, but I think in the area's I have these set up it would probably be better as the activity is pretty slow.

Are you using a 2GB card? If so, I wouldn't worry about using up too much space on the card. I have left my cam out for weeks shooting video and haven't filled the card yet. You can also set the seconds of video so that it's like 20-40 secs rather than a minute and save space.

Amanda

Amanda,

I'll have to check, but I believe I'm only using the 1gb card. The activity in the spots where I'm at is low enough that I think video would work great. I tend not have any delay set between pictures, I feel you miss out on too much. With no delay I was worried the card would fill up based on using a reconyx last year prior to a muzzleloader hunt in NM, we were getting any where from 1500 to over 2500 pitures in 1 to 2 weeks.

I'm heading out this weekend to try my luck with archery and mulies (hopefully the guy in the picture), I think I'll switch to video just to see what it picks up. You've peeked my interest now!

Thanks