dcalvert12

In Search of .270 WSM Brass

On 1/6/2024 at 2:30 PM, dcalvert12 said:

I am looking for once fired 270 short Mag Brass only.

dcalvert

There are several offerings for 270 WSM brass on Gunbroker right now.

Good luck in your search...

I believe you can size down 300 wsm to 270 wsm in one step.  It looks like the only difference between the two cases is neck diameter.  You'd probably have to trim and that's about it.

image.png.2d1c8797fb803e8b4968602698a81074.pngimage.png.df4522a09c7838c93a40fc7f7bd64f02.png 

Get some ADG 300wsm from unknown munitions and have awesome brass.

I have 50 pieces of Win bluebag that is 4x fired.  You can have it cheap if you want to give it a try.

Happy to see this thread. 270wsm is an absolute hammer.  Good luck with your search. I may have a few. I’m also in AJ

54 minutes ago, Horn_Ridge said:

Where did you find 100 pieces of new Win brass to buy?

It was new but I bought it off a forum member. No idea how old it was but the bags were sealed. Winchester knew about the problem but never recalled it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

It was new but I bought it off a forum member. No idea how old it was but the bags were sealed. Winchester knew about the problem but never recalled it.

Interesting.  Older blue bags or newer red ?

9 minutes ago, Horn_Ridge said:

Interesting.  Older blue bags or newer red ?

They were red bags. I'll see if I can find the lot numbers in my email. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chuckster said:

I believe you can size down 300 wsm to 270 wsm in one step.  It looks like the only difference between the two cases is neck diameter.  You'd probably have to trim and that's about it.

image.png.2d1c8797fb803e8b4968602698a81074.pngimage.png.df4522a09c7838c93a40fc7f7bd64f02.png 

Get some ADG 300wsm from unknown munitions and have awesome brass.

I have 50 pieces of Win bluebag that is 4x fired.  You can have it cheap if you want to give it a try.

I far a I can tell 300 WSM is asmost as hard to find new as 270 WSM. Still looking for 270 WSM

I necked down some winchester 300 WSM brass and it was a piece of cake. The Winchester brass I used worked just fine. Also used Winchester 270 WSM brass and it shot the same as the necked down 300 WSM brass. I annealed after each firing though. Don't have the rifle anymore, but it shot 145gr ELDX's really well with H4350. Got a 6.5 SAUM so sold the 270 WSM. Good luck, it's a cool cartridge and easy to do load development.