Tom196

Classic car insurance

Just saw a commercial for Haggerty ins. While watching Barret Jackson for classic cars.

14 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Nice. Ever take it down the ole 1320?

Lol. Yes for sure. Back in the day  phoenix raceway park then speedworld. Actually spun a rod bearing in the first engine I put in it, just a stock ls1 out of a 2000 Camaro. Car ran traction limited high to mid 12’s with the ls1. Now with ls3 best I could limit the tire spinning was 12 flat at 127.  Ls3 just has ALOT more torque and hp. So i know theres way more potential there but thats not what the rear suspension is set up for. I’m going to start auto crossing and doing track day events like SSCA/Proauto/NASA with it once new suspension is in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhinoaz said:

Lol. Yes for sure. Back in the day  phoenix raceway park then speedworld. Actually spun a rod bearing in the first engine I put in it, just a stock ls1 out of a 2000 Camaro. Car ran traction limited high to mid 12’s with the ls1. Now with ls3 best I could limit the tire spinning was 12 flat at 127.  Ls3 just has ALOT more torque and hp. So i know theres way more potential there but thats not what the rear suspension is set up for. I’m going to start auto crossing and doing track day events like SSCA/Proauto/NASA with it once new suspension is in. 

Love the 1320. I had a few Chargers back in the early 70's. MY buddy had a 69 Camaro but it was just a 396/325, M22 and no power steering. Still it would spin the tires through all four gears and tend to change lanes  in third gear. A coworker whose dad had deep pockets had a street legal 69 Camaro with a 454, dual quads, tunnel ram that ran 10's and was his daily driver.

Happy to say I never lost a race or was beat out of the hole, or red lighted. Started going to races in the mid 60's and was there the day Shirly Muldowney was walked through the pits by Don Garlits and "coerced"  a few racers to sign her license application for top fuel. I took a few pictures with my old camera using Kodak 110 and had a nice scrapbook. Gave it to a buddy when I left NY. Back then a Pit Pass was like $6.

• Like 1

I have American Collectors Insurance. Never made a claim thank god. Their coverage and price was a bit better than Grundy and Haggerty but their usage was more liberal.

I am late to this party.  I have had American Modern Insurance which was reasonable and super easy to deal with when I had an unfortunate claim.  The y had mileage restrictions.  I now use Grundy with no mileage restrictions and full coverage to the tune of 250 per year for my 39 Stude Coupe.

1939_chevy_studebaker_pro_touring_street_rod_9_lgw.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, drdirtnap said:

I am late to this party.  I have had American Modern Insurance which was reasonable and super easy to deal with when I had an unfortunate claim.  The y had mileage restrictions.  I now use Grundy with no mileage restrictions and full coverage to the tune of 250 per year for my 39 Stude Coupe.

1939_chevy_studebaker_pro_touring_street_rod_9_lgw.jpg

Once again what's under the hood? Pic's please.