Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

What gimmic did you fall for ?

How many of us read all the magizines and watch the dvd's and tv shows telling us that we need to buy this or that to make our hunting easier or better! There's got to be hunreds of little inventions that flopped big time !Or maybe its a particular item that you thought really was a waste of time and money!

One of my earliest was the game tracker string - attachs to broadhead and you just follow the string to find your game - Basically it was more hassle than what it was worth -

-the heated scent dripper

-the trail timer - clock w/ piece of thread attached across a trail to record time

Ha Ha ha... I have a friend who happens to be on here, who "used" to buy stuff like that (infomercials too)...and the funny thing, is they never worked. Thankfully he grew out of that.

Also tried the Gametracker/stringtracker about 20 years ago and found it really increased the arrow drop. That said, I believe Mark/Bowsniper used it effectively for turkey recently.

Another item I tried was the plastic ring that went on the back of the broadhead. This was to act as an airfoil and tighten broadhead groups- but not that I could tell in my testing.

A third item that I could not get to work was a shaker gobble call by Cabelas.

hello -- ok Mike - ouch - but i honestly wish i could get it advertized on tv,dvd,s and in the magazines !!

:lol: Just received my delivery notice.

looking forward to them ;)

This will age me, but I spent a lot of money on a optical range finder. you would try to match focus on two sides with a dial thingy. I never could get it to work.

I recently sold it on ebay for 1 dollar. Boy was I surprised someone bought it..

Bob