Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Alignment shops on the east side of town?

Well that didn't  go as expected. They sure can align  the front end of the truck once they get the new  replacement  adjustable  drag link from  ram . I've already  looked  into the vo6 link permanent  fix and it's a free replacement  part from the ram . They sell the part to those that don't  know to get ahold  of ram cares  and file the claim and insist  on the fix . I JUST DON'T  WANT THE TRUCK GOING TO THE DEALERSHIP  AS THE WILL ALMOST FOR SURE  DO THE EMISSIONS  RECALL  .  That's a absolute  no go for me .  

Now network  can get the part from the dealership  on my $$$ and bill me to install  it when it's a free replacement part.

2 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Well that didn't  go as expected. They sure can align  the front end of the truck once they get the new  replacement  adjustable  drag link from  ram . I've already  looked  into the vo6 link permanent  fix and it's a free replacement  part from the ram . They sell the part to those that don't  know to get ahold  of ram cares  and file the claim and insist  on the fix . I JUST DON'T  WANT THE TRUCK GOING TO THE DEALERSHIP  AS THE WILL ALMOST FOR SURE  DO THE EMISSIONS  RECALL  .  That's a absolute  no go for me .  

Now network  can get the part from the dealership  on my $$$ and bill me to install  it when it's a free replacement part.

Rock, meet Hard Place.

BDM Customs they specialize in big trucks lifts tires and wheels they took care of the death wobble in my F350 dually that the dealership couldn't. Of course i hade to buy some after market parts but im good now

Continue complaining about it or buy a 400$ part and save $ on shop install.  Seems like an easy decision.  

I ended  up buying  a new adjuster for the drag link . It's the way there supposed  to be made. Once it arrives  I'll install it then I can get everything  aligned  correctly  . The part was 150 .00 shipped. 

RAM_Stock_Adjuster_1_1024x1024.jpg

So after the recent  rain which made the truck sketchy  to drive . I crawled  under  it to take a look  . What I found  is surprising  that the truck didn't  come apart and have a major accident.  My new tires are junk ! Bfg ko2s that have only been  on for less than  5 months  . That's a problem  the inside  edges are worn and scalloped  .  The truck had excessive  toe out issues.  So I was going  to adjust it in and found that the bolt that is supposed  to tighten the tie rod adjuster was loose and coming  apart.  Apparently  BIG O didn't  tighten  it down and the adjuster was coming  apart. I've got a appointment  with  the manager  today to go over what was found and see how they want  to proceed  . It's going  to be 2 new tires for sure . The adjuster  for the  drag  link won't  be here  till Tuesday or Wednesday.  I'm going to go ahead  and put the carli level  kit and adjustable  track bar in while  everything  is screwed  up . Just 1 bolt loose could  have caused a major loss of control .

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Dang dude, glad life didn't go completely sideways for ya.

Good thing Chris noticed that. I have put a lot of different tires on my 2000 F250 since 2-19-00. BFG's were ok and I got 40K out of them the only time I ran them. Nittos wore better but eh Falken's beat them both.

• Thanks 1

APEX Steering & Suspension. There Ball Joints, Rod Ends and DragLinks are the best fix I’ve found for the diesels, lifted or not.

Local and Based out of Mesa. Phenomenal warranty, will warranty for a torn boot.

Won’t go wrong with the Carli Track Bar, Swar Bar and Control Arms as well. I use em and install em quite often and hardly ever need to replace.

Edited by CopperStateDiesel
  • Thanks 1

So I got the new drag link adjuster from  steer smarts its $135  plus shipping  and is a direct  fit replacement  for the welded drag link adjuster . The carli level  kit is on order so that's new springs and shocks all 4 corners  and the adjustable  track bar to re center  the front  end after everything  is added. 

The manager at Big O started  out as a a$$ and didn't  want to do anything  . Said he was being  nice about it just taking  a look at it . So I said I'm being  nice by calling  and coming in to get it fixed as I could  very  easy make a much bigger  deal outa it and take them to court. The truck was in the back about 3 minutes  later  and re- adjusted  . I'm sure given the  report  it's still  out of spec . But safe to drive till everything  is in and the level  kit is installed  and re- aligned .

Here are some pictures  of how far the clamp was loose you can clearly  see where the nut was and how far I had to go to tighten it . Also the tires that only had just over 9k miles.

Big O didn't  want  to cover the tires ! I'm working  on that with there regional  manager.  

Discount tires was much better  as I took the truck right  over after big o and explained  everything  to the manager  and even though  he didn't  have to cover the replacement  due to a mechanical  issue  he did get me two new replacement  tires at half cost and had transferred  all the warranty  to the new ones. 

20240311_145655.jpg

20240311_145700.jpg

20240311_145704.jpg

20240311_145718.jpg

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

So I got the new drag link adjuster from  steer smarts its $135  plus shipping  and is a direct  fit replacement  for the welded drag link adjuster . The carli level  kit is on order so that's new springs and shocks all 4 corners  and the adjustable  track bar to re center  the front  end after everything  is added. 

The manager at Big O started  out as a a$$ and didn't  want to do anything  . Said he was being  nice about it just taking  a look at it . So I said I'm being  nice by calling  and coming in to get it fixed as I could  very  easy make a much bigger  deal outa it and take them to court. The truck was in the back about 3 minutes  later  and re- adjusted  . I'm sure given the  report  it's still  out of spec . But safe to drive till everything  is in and the level  kit is installed  and re- aligned .

Here are some pictures  of how far the clamp was loose you can clearly  see where the nut was and how far I had to go to tighten it . Also the tires that only had just over 9k miles.

Big O didn't  want  to cover the tires ! I'm working  on that with there regional  manager.  

Discount tires was much better  as I took the truck right  over after big o and explained  everything  to the manager  and even though  he didn't  have to cover the replacement  due to a mechanical  issue  he did get me two new replacement  tires at half cost and had transferred  all the warranty  to the new ones. 

20240311_145655.jpg

20240311_145700.jpg

20240311_145704.jpg

20240311_145718.jpg

After your new stuffs installed I recommend finding a body or collision shop for your alingment

• Like 1