Markleo21377

Too fun!

I agree, they are still one of the most fun hunts I go on.  There is something about them making us feel like we are good at hunting.  Nice Work!

• Like 1

I always enjoyed hunting them.  Just being out in the desert when the weather is actually nice is awesome, plus they're an easy pack out if you get one.

Congrats :) 

• Like 2

Congrats that's a nice one. Doves and Javelina are my two favorite things to hunt. I hunted east of Tonto Basin until noon. Hiked in about 1/2 a mile off a two track and spent all morning glassing from one hill. Glassed up  three Ravens, a  Red-Shouldered Hawk and a Kestrel.

I heard some shots way off in the distance a few times but it was a slow, cool, cloudy morning.  I did see quite a few people in camo driving  endlessly around on the two tracks in SXS's and one guy in Blaze Orange driving what looked to be a smaller Red SUV, at least he was in style and comfort. It might have been an EV as it was very quiet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Congrats that's a nice one. I hunted east of Tonto Basin until noon. Hiked in about 1/2 a mile off a two track and spent all morning glassing from one hill. Glassed up  three Ravens, a  Red-Shouldered Hawk and a Kestrel.

I heard some shots way off in the distance a few times but it was a slow, cool, cloudy morning.  I did see quite a few people in camo driving  endlessly around on the two tracks in SXS's and one guy in Blaze Orange driving what looked to be a smaller Red SUV, at least he was in style and comfort. It might have been an EV as it was very quiet.

I live off new river and saddle mountain rd so I decided to hunt 5 miles north in little drainage that usually hold 5-8 and they were right there. Sunrise was incredible this morning 

IMG_1098.thumb.jpeg.79207479101ce4516bb55188f3ac02a8.jpeg

• Like 2