Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

As much fun as you can have with pants on

Buddy and I went out for pigeons and Eurasian today. After getting a few, we set up some spinners in a farm field and holy crap was it a blast.

The dog got a great work out, she retrieved probably 25 or more of our 63 birds. She slept like a champ. She did get a little overwhelmed with all the birds falling. She would be retrieving a bird as others were falling. Overall though, she did wonderful for her first time doing anything like that. It was a freaking blast!

20240309-140550.jpg

20240309-140701.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

That looks like a riot.  I went to Argentina once and shot pigeons, I’ve hunted a lot of feathered game and I’ve gotta say that pigeons coming into decoys is gotta be the most fun bird I’ve ever hunted!!  Got plenty of pigeons here in the US but never found a place with the kinda volume you guys did! 

9 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

That looks like a riot.  I went to Argentina once and shot pigeons, I’ve hunted a lot of feathered game and I’ve gotta say that pigeons coming into decoys is gotta be the most fun bird I’ve ever hunted!!  Got plenty of pigeons here in the US but never found a place with the kinda volume you guys did! 

Dude it was amazing! The first time I have ever done it, and I spent all night at working dreaming about doing it again! Good for all of us. Lots of practice for the shooters and the dogs! We have 4 in total, my buddies 3 GSP's and my Airedale. She did the majority of the retrieving but his got a good work out as well. Such a blast!

• Like 2

Awesome, there are some happy dogs.