Azbuxnbulls

Weatherby Range Certified 6.5 Creedmoor

Weatherby Range Certified 6.5 Creedmoor with Leupold VX 6 scope with upgraded HD dials. Also has upgraded Timney trigger and muzzle break. Less than 100 rounds fired. Excellent condition just sits in safe. $1600.00 located in Gilbert. Text 602-300-2445 if interested.

IMG_4191.jpeg

May I ask, what makes this rifle range certified?

32 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

May I ask, what makes this rifle range certified?

Here you go Russ.

"Range Certified rifles are hand picked and test fired at the factory to ensure that you receive only the highest quality rifle. The end result of this process is a rifle with a factory shot target signed by Ed Weatherby certifying the rifle passed the most rigorous accuracy test's with flying colors. Furthermore the hinged floorplate of the rifle will sport the Range Certified engraving for all to admire."

So basically hyperbole. A gimmick. Big question is which model is it? Old Roy is probably laughing his butt off.

14 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Here you go Russ.

"Range Certified rifles are hand picked and test fired at the factory to ensure that you receive only the highest quality rifle. The end result of this process is a rifle with a factory shot target signed by Ed Weatherby certifying the rifle passed the most rigorous accuracy test's with flying colors. Furthermore the hinged floorplate of the rifle will sport the Range Certified engraving for all to admire."

So basically hyperbole. A gimmick. Big question is which model is it? Old Roy is probably laughing his butt off.

Thanks. I've been wondering.

It's the Vanguard according to the OP.

I appreciate the info. 

I guess by test firing some of them and certifying them there is less chance of getting one that isn't up to par.

What grain round are you pushing threw the barrel ?

What is the power range on the scope?

My understanding is it was like the old Winchester 1 of 100 or 1 of 1000 editions for the 1873 and 1876. All vanguards are guaranteed sub-moa. During testing, some obviously exhibit higher accuracy than others, and these are set aside for that series. I forget the specs for the old Winchester program but I believe the top 10% were going to 1/100 series and top 1% to the 1/1000 series or something like that. Similar concept but unknown on what level of accuracy above sub-moa designated it as one. From what I’ve heard from people with them, they are shooters, but there is no heightened accuracy guarantee. 

Nice rifle and GLWS