bowhunter-tw

WTB Titanium wood stove for back country camping

Looking for lightweight backpacking wood stove. Titanium preferred but open to other materials. 

if not for sale would be interested to at least hear past experience if anybody has used something like this

I would just buy a new MSR windburner or Reactor. Those 2 are the best I have been around. i personally have had bad experiences with jetboil. 

24 minutes ago, TrackerG said:

I would just buy a new MSR windburner or Reactor. Those 2 are the best I have been around. i personally have had bad experiences with jetboil. 

I was thinking more for tent heating in low temps not heating food

Take your wife, or significant other with you.🤣

3 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

I was thinking more for tent heating in low temps not heating food

27 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Take your wife, or significant other with you.🤣

Well luckily I dont have one of those so I can try to afford these expensive hobbies ive fallen into 😂

• Like 2

If you want trouble, have both but not the same!🤣

Then you'd be broke!😂😂

• Haha 1

I've used one quite a few times so I'll share my experience. 

Pros- Great for drying gear, warming up before bed and early in the morning, fairly lightweight if you can split it up and share the weight, or camping close to your vehicle. You can also cook on top of the flat titanium stoves in a pinch. 

Cons- Does not hold a fire very long at all. You have to add firewood about every hour- hour and a half at the minimum to keep fire going. heavy for solo backpacking, not ideal for changing locations every night. Cooking on one takes quite a bit of time. Not recommended unless you really don't want to also pack a jet boil 

I actually really like mine but I am very discerning on when I use it. Most of the times the weight and inconvenience isn't worth packing it.  

It really really excels when I'm in wet weather. There is nothing worse than spending multiple nights in wet clothing or gear. Wood heat is the best for drying things out. 

• Like 2