Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Cooking Wild Turkey

Just thought I would share how we cook our turkey. I've tried crock pot, pucking and smoking the entire bird and this has been our favorite. With 5 young kids there are no left overs with Uncle bucks fry mix from Bass pro.

20240428_161441.jpg

Screenshot_20240429_105120_Chrome.jpg

20240428_160113.jpg

20240428_160125.jpg

20240428_160117.jpg

• Like 6

Might have to try that need a bird first though, hopefully tomorrow!  Looks great 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, twistzz said:

Might have to try that need a bird first though, hopefully tomorrow!  Looks great 

Good luck out there! 

cut into strips and Uncle Bucks - anything else? looks good - don't really care for wild turkey but frying could help - we got our hunt this weekend 

8 minutes ago, Redman said:

cut into strips and Uncle Bucks - anything else? looks good - don't really care for wild turkey but frying could help - we got our hunt this weekend 

Cut into strips, then we had a medium bowl where my wife put some milk and eggs in where we dipped the strips in so the dry batter would adhere to it . From there we had another bowl where we dropped the strips in the dry batter, then straight to the oil. We went off the directions on the Uncle Bucks fry mix. Not going to lie, this has been awesome for us. They also make a regular chicken fry mix, not hot and spicy. We like the Hot and Spicy, has a really good kick at the end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redman said:

I cut up the breast and make a pot pie casserole.

• Like 1