Sign in to follow this  
rabidApache

Hunt'n season over

I was wondering when the whitetails should drop. I found a ridge that doesn't appear to get searched as we found 20 old drops in 1 day( during december bowhunt ) . I would like to go back when they are fresh brown.

Went out shed huntin today, and pulled out 2 leftside racks. One was a busted up 5X the other a 6'er (172 in.) with about 6 in. broken off on the royal. To bad it was near the end of the day and after humping all day long up and down ridges didn't have enough go-go juice to do a good search. Will be back tommorow to try and hunt down for the other 6X. :angry:

mybee he is talkin coues. and not elk. ethier way that would be a cool find find. when he says rabidapachie i think he is a guy on a horse with feathers on his head and a stick bow,cool name anyway :angry:

Well I didn't find the otherside to the 6X. But on a good note, while I was searchin my partner and I stumbled on another desent 6X7 elk shed. The set I would guess is about an average Dry lake bull ~340-60 incher. I didn't put a tape to it but I think I'm pretty close.

Between myself and two buds we manage to pull out 3 complete sets of elk sheds (6X6) and other misc. drops from last year. 13 elk antlers in all. A good saturday killed.

I'll try and post a pick.....Good luck Rackin!!!!!! :angry:

Rabidapache,

Sounds like a great weekend! Were any of the sheds this years? I thought you guys weren't supposed to take sheds off the Reservation untill April 1 or is that just a rumor I heard?

Brian

Brian,

Nope, as long as I have a tribal harvest permit, I'm good to go. The two sets of elk sheds we found Sat. a 6X7 and a dinky raghorn (all busted up) were of this year. The others racks, a last years set 6X6 and the rest singles.

Also saw two great WT bucks. I killed them with my imaginary rifle, though. Dropped them both with one shot, amazing. Sent pix to Amanda, so anytime now yall will see the 6X7. :)

I FOUND 4 BROWNS TODAY 6X6 SET,6PT. SINGLE AND A 7PT. SINGLE. SAW ALOT OF BULLS STILL PACKIN AND QUITE A FEW WITH NO HEADGEAR. WILL HIT THE HILL AGAIN ON SAT.

LATER

GEOFF

NICE!! Is that Shawn in the first picture Dan? I know that's Dewey in the 2nd. Right on. Yesterday I met some guys from your hometown that had a bunch for me to buy. When I say bunch I don't mean 10 antlers, they must have had 50 antlers, all found in about 2 weeks. Biggest was a 390ish 8pt shed, awesome shed! I'll try to post a pic of it manana.

Funny story, I was down there last week and I bought a real nice set right at dark, like a 395" type set that was chewed up REAL bad. Anyway, I got to Globe to meet some other guys and when I got in the back of the truck one of them was FREAKIN GONE!!! I didn't even go back to see if I could find it since it was dark. At least it wasn't one of those high dollar brownies!! But still it sucked! Later guys

PS: Brian, that April 1st rule only applied to the WMAT in years past, not San Carlos, there is no season there.

We'll we went out and scored 2 sets of Elk sheds, this years drops this weekend. Not much else, probably due to over endulgance in brewski's the night before. LOL

Thats OK, we went crappie fish'n anyway.

Anyone else pick up sheds this past weekend? :(

Dewey I didn't know that was you. I got your title confused with someone else that has the word Apache in their title. Congrats on the nice sheds. I just talked with Shawn on the phone and he told me about you guys finding those, pretty funny! Thanks for posting those pics, that's pretty cool.

Here's a pic of the set I bought and sorta lost on the highway. I lost the left antler dammit!!

post-3-1110855445.jpg