Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

interesting pig hunt

took my girlfriend out for her pig hunt a couple weekends ago and saw something pretty interesting to share. we glassed up eight coyotes and a handful of crows on a dead cow a couple ridges over from us and as we got closer we could see a bald eagle on the ground with them. we got a lil closer and by the time we got the camera out there were two bald eagles sitting together around the cow with the coyotes and crows. pretty cool to see when your not seeing pigs.

kasshunt008.jpg

coyote and the crows near the cow

kasshunt009.jpg

kasshunt006.jpg

the cow is between the two cedars, the eagle is far right in the picture

kasshunt017.jpg

kasshunt020.jpg

two eagles and the one coyote

kasshunt021.jpg

Very cool pictures, thanks for sharing.

Dude, finding a cow carcass with yotes on it is like finding the Holy Grail. Set up, take out a couple and come back and do it again. Sorry for getting worked up with you seeing so many dogs in one place, I'd give alot for a find like that. Anyways, it's always awesome seeing bald egales. Great pictures.

well we tried to get up there and set up on them but before we coulda couple guys walked up there and stumbled on them before we could. shots were fired but i dont know the outcome. my mom later picked one off that ran from the cow straight to her though

That is awesome, I saw on the Today Show about six months ago, some leftist was trying to convince everyone that there were only about a dozen bald eagles left on the planet. I think they were trying to make a case for protecting some specific habitat. When I was in Alaska, we went to an eskimo fishing camp where seriously I couldn't count all of the Bald eagles. It was truely remarkable. I would say at least 40 of them were in view, at any given moment.

Now I am all for protecting habitat when people have there facts right, but it's a shame they let someone that clearly doesn't know there stuff to preach to millions of people wrong information. Go Media!!

You should be excited that you just witnessed 1/6th of the global Bald Eagle population.

Really Awesome find, Nice Pics.

"I will get off my pedestal, sorry."

Dude, finding a cow carcass with yotes on it is like finding the Holy Grail. Set up, take out a couple and come back and do it again. Sorry for getting worked up with you seeing so many dogs in one place, I'd give alot for a find like that. Anyways, it's always awesome seeing bald egales. Great pictures.

I am completely with Coues&Coyotes on the "let em have it" front. Next Time you see that, take a few of em down if you can. It's not only pretty fun, but I wouldn't doubt if those yotes took out that cow while she was birthing, judging by the time of the year it is. Ranchers will love you for that.

hey i am with you all on the coyotes. trust me if we could of beat the hunters that got to them first we would of knocked em down. but some lucky hunters got to em first.