Sign in to follow this  
Atypical

Looking out for a .243 Junior Rifle

Hi All,

My girlfriend really likes getting out on hunt trips and shooting, and is now ready to get a tag. She's been using a 30-30 but it's a little heavy and short ranged. This .243 rifle size is perfect being lite weight and longer ranged, plus it fits in my backbackp for long trips.

I found one at Cabelas for about $520, but seeing good used guns at pawn shops in the $300 range, I'm trying to hold out.

Would appreciate any heads up if any one sees one at any pawn shops or gun stores.

Lastly, I'm hoping this qualifies as a mother's day gift :ph34r: . For those without supporting partners, keep trying, and scouting trips help get them interested.

Have you looked around gunbroker.com?

what about getting her a Stevens 200? they are about $330 brand new. i bought my best friend a .270 for Christmas and he loves it!

Great pics! Red is undeniably a great color on her but have you considered a nice Grong-orange CWT.com shirt? ;) Just a thought.

Good luck on the rifle quest. If you can wait til the end of the year, Cabela's has their "spend so much money get so much money to spend on your next visit" deal. But when it comes to buying firearms, waiting is for wimps. :lol:

check out bass pro, i found a 243 for my friend at $320. i am not sure if it was youth model but it was a remington 700 so its a accurate gun. idk if its still there for that price but check it out, make lots of calls, thats what helped me find my 223 stevens at $200. just call around. you might think of geting a 223, killed my lion at 391 yards with it, they kick like 22's