Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Fishing Roosevelt

Woke at 3:30am and picked up my brother and Dad. We stopped for minnows at Jake's Corner and breakfast at ButcherHook. Got on the water around 7:30am and fished the Windy Hill area and SallyMae cove with no luck. After several hours of no fish we decided to head for School House and fished across from the boat ramp and finally caught our first fish at 1:30pm. Thank God! I was beginning to think we were going to get skunked. By 4:30pm we had caught 15 bass, 2 over, 1 in the slot and the rest were under that we threw back for another day. Along with them we had 5 crappies, 1 nice catfish, and 2 bluegill which we will have tonight for super. I'll take a couple pictures of super and post them later. On the drive home we spotted several deer. After dropping everyone off and finishing cleaning fish my super was at 10;00pm. It made for a long day but we hadn't fished all together for many of years and thought that is how we would celebrate my Mother's birthday, who past away in 2000. I'm sure she was watching over us and enjoyed the laughs we shared during the day. :D

TJ

2 of 15 bass

post-1903-1237418321_thumb.jpg

My Dad and brother Larry

post-1903-1237418346_thumb.jpg

2 0f 5 crappies

post-1903-1237418373_thumb.jpg

Mr. Catfish

TJ

post-1903-1237418420_thumb.jpg

That's awesome TJ, can't beat spendin' time with the family regardless what your doin', but fishing is one of the best ways! Congrats on all the fish, I bet the cat got the blood pumpin'! JIM>

TJ, you always catch the nice fish! Way to go!. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and I wanted to spend the weekend fishing Roosevelt and getting in on some of the action I have been hearing about.

Congrats to you and your family TJ, take care and God Bless.

Thanks everyone for your comments. That was my first flathead and it was mighty tasty. Even the wife liked it and she doesn't like catfish. All we ever ate was channel catfish and now she wants me to go catch more flatjheads. She doesn't have to ask me twice. :lol: ;)

Jim.....wish I could take as good as pictures as you.

Snapshot......if you go I hope you have a good time and catch alot of fish.

Gamehauler.....Larry and Dad are doing just fine thank you and congratulations on a new son-in-law.

TJ