Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

Treestands

how many people on here use tree stands for their coues? me and my dad dont but i remember watching a hunting vid a while back with chuck adams hunting coues in northern az but he used a treestand, which was strange to me even tho i was only like 8 or 9, so i guess it was 6 or seven years ago, but i was thinking about it and it made me curious

I do but tell G&F.

They may want to outlaw them next :(

Just kidding G&F you are smarter than Obama ;) :rolleyes:

LOL

I guess it just depends on where you hunt

my old man and I walked up on a guy in a treestand once snoring louder than ever, and there was about 12 empty beer cans below the treestand, so in that case I would definetly say a ground blind is better :lol:

my old man and I walked up on a guy in a treestand once snoring louder than ever, and there was about 12 empty beer cans below the treestand, so in that case I would definetly say a ground blind is better :lol:

:lol: :lol:

They are the same tactics used on Eastern Whitetails.I shot the BigBoy at 12 yards from 8 ft off the ground..they are awesome..still like to stillhunt as well though.

post-3204-1238692937_thumb.jpg

I have a treestand and a gound blind. I have only used the treestand once. I thought it made too much noise, bark breaking off the tree, getting set up, and it took about five to ten minutes to get into position. I prefer the ground blinds. You can put them out before opening day, walk right into them and sit down. No noise ready to shoot as soon as you can close the zipper.

I use both, really depends on the spot and situation. If you have the right tree stand they can be quiet and great. The ones with the expaned metal on the platform can creek and pop, as long as you seat the stand properly it should'nt really be making much noise against the tree. Ground blinds are great because you have a lot of room, use a big comfy camp chair and easily sit all day. The prob is you just get too comfortable and want to go to sleep. I still prefer to spot and stalk if I can, or even still hunt.

I spent a lot of money on a ground blind, and set it out in Unit 5a in Arizona. The next day I went to sit it and the Forest Ranger had put a red tag on it. Called it, and my trail cam. abandon property and would be siezed if not taken down in within 24 hours. I took it down and tried to call that ranger for more than a week and never recieved a call back. I still have the red tag and the rangers name and phone# but I gave up on trying to get an answer. I asume he probably wanted to sit the same water hole. I had some great pictures on the trail cam. I wonder why everyone hates the forest service and the game and fish dept.

Hawkeye