Sign in to follow this  
jeepers creepers

Fall Regs?

Commission meeting to set the fall hunts is April 18. I would expect printed regs about the middle of May, but available online earlier.

I see there is nothing about SALT for deer. Crossing my fingers. ;)

Rough Cut,

Thanks for posting the hunt recommendations. Hopefully many hunters here will scrutinize and analyse the numbers, and politely make any recommendations to the commissioners.

Doug~RR

I noticed that several of the units are being combined, rather than being seperate. This might be due to feedback about youth wanting or needing to hunt diff units (i.e. being drawn for deer and javelina in different units) and the large number of leftover permits.

RR

Dang, 31 whitetail is getting hit with 110 fewer tags, with a 40 tag increase in December. That puts the total available tags in December to 165. It was a rough go for me in 31 last year. I hunted really hard probably 10 days between my hunt and a Buddies December hunt. I never glassed, jumped or saw a live mature buck. Crazy, cause we have taken some toads out of 31.

How long have the Bighorn tags been an either type (Rocky or Desert) animal? I haven't put in for them in the past, so I'm unsure, maybe they've always been like that. Do the unit descriptions generally encompass only one species?

Thx

Dang, 31 whitetail is getting hit with 110 fewer tags, with a 40 tag increase in December. That puts the total available tags in December to 165. It was a rough go for me in 31 last year. I hunted really hard probably 10 days between my hunt and a Buddies December hunt. I never glassed, jumped or saw a live mature buck. Crazy, cause we have taken some toads out of 31.

How long have the Bighorn tags been an either type (Rocky or Desert) animal? I haven't put in for them in the past, so I'm unsure, maybe they've always been like that. Do the unit descriptions generally encompass only one species?

Thx

I am not sure I understand your question, but you have to put in specifically for the type of ram you want to hunt. From what I can remember they don't issue Desert Ram tags in the units they offer Rocky Rams in and vice-versa. There have been both draw types for awhile if I remember correctly.

P.S. that is a bummer you had such luck in 31. Not fun when you put in the effort and time and get skunked like that.

Thx

I am not sure I understand your question, but you have to put in specifically for the type of ram you want to hunt. From what I can remember they don't issue Desert Ram tags in the units they offer Rocky Rams in and vice-versa. There have been both draw types for awhile if I remember correctly.

P.S. that is a bummer you had such luck in 31. Not fun when you put in the effort and time and get skunked like that.

One comment I have on the Regs. is....... Has anyone noticed how they added 250 tags in 36A and B when those units combined offered almost 1100 leftover tags last year. Strictly a revenue making move??? Thoughts, Comments??

I personally think they should leave it be. Do we really have to wipe out more deer just because they are there. Also why increase and possible degrade the experience with extra hunters, when clearly the demand is lacking?

I just don't see where they specify what type (legal animal), just general bighorn. For the bag limits all it specifies is one of each per lifetime.

Yeah it was a bummer.

On these recommendations they for some reason don't designate the type of ram. The last six hunts are for Rocky's. If you look in the old regs Units 1,24A,23 and 27 are all Rocky units.

As for ram types.... I don't think the 'recommendations' ever spell that out, but the 'regulations' will when they become available.

One comment I have on the Regs. is....... Has anyone noticed how they added 250 tags in 36A and B when those units combined offered almost 1100 leftover tags last year. Strictly a revenue making move??? Thoughts, Comments??

I personally think they should leave it be. Do we really have to wipe out more deer just because they are there. Also why increase and possible degrade the experience with extra hunters, when clearly the demand is lacking?