CouesWhitetail

Cola Blanca Outfitters

This month we feature Cola Blanca Outfitters, owned and operated by Dan Bishop. The name "Cola Blanca" means white-tailed deer in Spanish and it's fitting since Dan and his guides are passionate about Coues. For the past 11 years they have been providing high quality Coues deer hunts in Sonora, Mexico. Cola Blanca Outfitters is also a licensed outfitter in New Mexico offering Antelope & Mule Deer hunts.

Just check out this beast that scored 142 taken by Bobby Corruthers!!!!

post-1-1239666247.jpg

Several members of this forum have hunted with Cola Blanca and have written up stories about their hunts.

here is Tommy Maldonado with his 108" buck & Jason Amaro with his 115" in Jan. 2008

post-1-1239666323.jpg

And here is Tim Maddock with his 115 from Jan 2009.

post-1-1239666377.jpg

And here is Chris Denham with his 120" buck from Jan 2008.

post-1-1239666668.jpg

post-1-1239667977.jpg

Cola Blanca has leases on several different ranches in Mexico. Dan has 11 guides that work for him on Mexico hunts and they guide about 50 hunters a year. Accomodations vary at each ranch, but all include a comfortable stay at the ranch house along with a dedicated cook to prepare excellent food for your during the hunt. Breakfast is usually simple and will vary from eggs, ham, chorizo, bacon, pancakes, hot and cold cereal, muffins, danishes, hot coffee and cocoa etc. Lunches are prepared and taken into the field for the day and consist of: two sandwiches, fruit, chips, juice & candy. Of course they have plenty of sodas and bottled water on hand. Dinners are special. Main dishes will usually consist of grilled chicken, pork, mexican Combination, spaghetti and steak. Side dishes are included along with salad and desert with each dinner.

post-1-1239667318.jpg

They are also hunting a Ranch which has a limited number of Exotics including ( Bison, Aoudad, Red Stag & Black Wildebeest). I went down to that ranch to help evaluate it's Coues potential and wrote about it several years ago. It's a great ranch with luxurious accomodations. You can read more about it here:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?showtopic=8732

here are some photos of the auodad taken there:

post-1-1239667013.jpg

post-1-1239667003.jpg

Cola Blanca averages about 95% success on Coues Deer in Mexico and a few hunters will harvest a 2nd deer so they have actually harvested more deer than they have had hunters over the past several years.

When asked if they strive for trophy quality Coues, here is what Dan said, "We consider this a Trophy Coues Deer Hunt. We are hunting Dec. & Jan. during the rut on ranches with very little pressure, lots of deer and great Trophy potential. We are averaging bucks over the 100 trophy class 'benchmark' with about 20% qualifying for B&C. Our best is a 142" buck taken by Bobby Corruthers.

We are outfitting on some of the finest Ranches in Mexico. We make the travel as easy as possible, providing all documentation, gun permits, visas etc... We are using experienced guides with good equipment and knowledge. We have great success and have a very high rate of repeat hunters. We feel strongly that you will not find a better Coues Deer Hunt!"

So if you are considering a Coues hunt in Mexico, you will definitely want to check out their website. They have tons of photos and articles and video on their site.

http://www.colablancaoutfitters.com

email: dan@colablancaoutfitters.com

Dan added, "'Cola Blanca' means Whitetail and that is our Specialty. We take great pride in offering top quality Sonora Mexico Trophy Coues Whitetail Deer Hunts. We offer fully Outfitted 5 day Hunts with 2 additional days of travel to and from Tucson, AZ. We are hunting exclusively on some of the finest ranches in Sonora and control the hunting rights to over 200,000 acres. These deer hunts will take place during December and January(Rut). So Come With Us and experience the charm and hospitality of Old Mexico along with some of it's finest big game hunting!"

more picture proof:

post-1-1239667517.jpg

post-1-1239667534.jpg

post-1-1239667548_thumb.jpg

post-1-1239667574_thumb.jpg

post-1-1239667589_thumb.jpg

post-1-1239667743.jpg

post-1-1239667780.jpg

I have never hunted with Dan but I just want to add that I know him personaly and he is a great guy! One heck of a Taxidermist as well.

I have hunted with Dan for the past three years now and have had nothing but a great experience each time. Dan puts a lot of effort into these hunts and as the pictures have shown it pays off. Mexico is a magical place when it comes to trophy coues deer and each year I've spent down there seems to get better than the previous. We always enjoy good food, good accomidations, and good company. For the most part we have hunted from sun up to sun down and we usually see a ton of deer! The pictures speak for themselves on the trophy quality!

I believe every serious coues deer hunter should make it a point to spend a week chasing big bucks in Mexico and there's no better place to do it than with Dan Bishop at Cola Blanca Outfitters!

This is no joke... Dan is the MAN.... Two years ago we booked a hunt with Dan and I was fortunate enough to kill a 116 inch MONSTER on the first morning. The bottom line is that Dan takes care of his ranches... On our hunt the average buck was 104.... SWEET JESUS....

J

Ditto on "Dan is the Man".

One of the things I liked about Dan's operation is he knew exactly how to handle the border crossings which was one of my concerns going into Mexico with two rifles, quick and easy. The ranches are second to none, big bucks everywhere :blink: . The ranchers are very generous and humble, it was almost like going back in time. It is an experience everyone who loves coues deer hunting should do at least one time in their lives and Cola Blanca would be the one I would endorse.

I too am a huge fan of Dan! I actually drew a late season New Mexico deer tag with him for this year. I am so excited to hunt with him and his guys this year. I have been to Mexico for coues with him and New Mex. for antelope with him as well. Both trips were unreal. Come on november and snow!!!!!!!! This is one of the bucks I got in Mexico and my speed goat. Had to add a picture. I just can't let my dad (second to last photo) steal my thunder :rolleyes:

post-1823-1246936809_thumb.jpg

post-1823-1246937359_thumb.jpg