WFGinNM

Jemez Mt. Turkey

My son stayed at school over the weekend so he wasn't able to make this trip. I called in 3 Toms Saturday morning and killed this one at 27 yards.

chuckandbill003.jpg

My friend and I went back out this morning and I called in these two for him, he shot them at about 10 yards.

chuckandbill007.jpg

This coming weekend I hope to get my son out for his chance.

--Bill

Thanks guys. It was pretty cold Saturday, and my friend had to chain up his truck to get up to my cabin Friday night. Hopefully we can get one more this weekend and start walleye fishing. ;)

--Bill

Congratulations on some nice birds!! I've wanted to hunt the Jemez for a few years since living in Albuquerque, but I always end up going to the Southern half of the state to places I know hold turkeys.

I headed down to the Lincoln NF and managed to connect with a gobbler and find a few sheds. I found the 2 on the right and my brother found the two on the left.

post-213-1240255897.jpg

hunter4life,

Looks like a productive weekend. I've been slow with the sheds this year, I've actually found more fresh deer than elk, and that has never happened before.

--Bill

Met another coues memeber WFGinNM, my son and I went with him and his son to his cabin up in jemez to do some turkey hunting and we didn't have much luck but we did had great time! and WFG and his son are great to be around, made new friends! hope to go with them again in the future! my son Zach is 5 yrs old. he had fun! he walked down hill and up hill till later on he wanted to go home to play with his another brother. he was carried by WFG on his back!

we saw lots differents of tracks, bear, bob cat, turkeys, deer and elk! zach was so excited when he found the deer shed, (spotted by WFG)

post-853-1240930490_thumb.jpg

post-853-1240930601_thumb.jpg

post-853-1240930616_thumb.jpg

post-853-1240930630_thumb.jpg

Vinny,

It was good to meet you and Zach as well. I sure like to see kids enjoy themselves in the woods, it made my weekend watching his eyes light up when he heard the turkeys gobble and yelp. You and your family are welcome anytime.

--Bill